1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Slimeline 5 install question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by ClayKY, Mar 11, 2013.

1. ClayKY

ClayKY Mentor

Jan 30, 2003
    KY
    Hi guys, I'm about to dive into the HD realm and install the Slimline. My question is, being I only have one TV, is any kind of multiswitch needed or do I just run the cable directly to the power inserter in the living room?

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    If you only have one TV, I'm not sure why you'd use a SWiM [which needs the PI].
    If you have a DVR, it would take two coax from a non SWiM LNB.

3. ndole

ndole Problem Solver

Aug 26, 2009
    Correct. No multiswitch is needed if unless you're using more than 4 tuners (in a conventional system).
    In a SWiM system, no splitter is needed either. But you do need your power inserter in-line.