1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slimline dish - certain LNB's get a bad signal

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by mikenospam72, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikenospam72

mikenospam72 New Member

Sep 9, 2006
    Hello

I've recently installed a Slimline dish. Some LNB's get a good signal on 101, 110, 119, others barely get a signal.

I've re-seated the cables from the dish to the TV, so I don't believe I have a cable issue. Is it possible that I have a bad set of LNB's? Or my dish needs to be pointed better??

TIA!

2. TriggerDeems

TriggerDeems Godfather

Mar 1, 2007
    what are your signal readings on the various TRANSPONDERS (I assume you meant transponder, not LNB). If perfectly aligned, you should have mid-upper 90s on most (some can be lower and some zero, as some are spotbeams). You could have cable problems, LNB problems, dish alignment problems, multiswitch problems, cable connection problems, BBC problems, reciever problems, etc--just have to troubleshoot, or recall the installer.

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    If you're getting good readings on the 101, 110 and 119 transponders, but not 99 and 103, then it's probably an alignment issue. Your dish needs careful "peaking" to maximize the signal from the Ka-band satellites at 99 & 103-deg.

4. sgibson

sgibson AllStar

Jul 26, 2007
    Unlike the previous single and triple lnb dishes, the 5 lnb slimline really needs a signal meter to tweak the narrow ka band. You can learn more by watching Video segment 03 at: http://www.solidsignal.com/satellite/at9_install_videos.asp. If you don't own a meter, then suggest you call D* and request a "Dish Realignment"-usual charge is $70. You'll really need the 103 tuned in as it will carry new HD content as well as locals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.