1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sling Adapter connection question

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by drinksforall, Dec 17, 2010.

Tags:
  1. drinksforall

drinksforall Cool Member

Nov 5, 2010
    I'm using the one and only USB port (rear) for the "broadband connector" inorder to access the internet. How do I connect the Sling if that port is already used??

Thanks in advance!

2. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Dish VIP DVR receivers have one USB port on the rear and one USB port on the front.

Use the one on the front if the one on the rear is occupied.

3. klang

klang Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2003
    Near...
    A USB hub may/should work as well. Not sure if it needs to be powered. I received my Sling Adapter and WiFi adapter the other day. I will be experimenting later today or this weekend with a USB hub.

4. mrdctaylor

mrdctaylor Cool Member

May 26, 2007
    Please report back--I'd be very interested to hear if it works with a USB hub.

5. Fumbles

Fumbles New Member

Jan 24, 2009
    I use the rear USB port for my external hard drives, and the front USB port for the Sling adapter. I am using a wired Ethernet connection for broadband. I found (as I expected) that I can't have my hard drives connected and have the sling adapter work at the same time. I also found that after using the sling adapter, the 722k will some times stay in 2 tv mode, and my second remote will not work. I have to use the mode switch to get the 722k back to single mode. I like the sling adapter, and the picture and concept work for me, and I'm happy with the investment.
    Jack

6. klang

klang Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2003
    Near...
    It does work with a USB hub for both the WiFi adapter and Sling Adapter. I did have to plug the AC adapter into the USB hub, otherwise when I plugged in the second device, the receiver reported losing connection to the first one.

7. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Can you try to add third device - EHD this time ?

8. klang

klang Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2003
    Near...
    Seems to work OK with the EHD plugged into the same hub. EHD plays back just fine on both the local TV and through Sling to a browser on a Mac.

I can't get the iPhone app to show anything but what is on tuner 2 so far. It shows the content of the DVR and I can select a program to play but it goes back to tuner 2. Rebooting.....

9. klang

klang Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2003
    Near...
    I see from the original Sling Adapter thread that the DVR not slinging to a mobile phone is a known issue.

USB hub seems to work as long as it is powered.

10. hoophead

hoophead Godfather

Feb 10, 2008
    Has anyone found a much better deal than the one on DISH for this Sling Adapter??

Thank you in advance!