1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sling adapter

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by christy552005, May 14, 2012.

1. christy552005

christy552005 Cool Member

May 14, 2012
    Does the sling adapter work? We have it, but when I try to watch something from my iphone, sometimes i get the "unable to sling" message on my iphone. Is this still a work in progress? We got the sling adapter hoping to cancel netflix, but if it only works sometimes, I guess we will hold off until the bugs are fixed.
    Am I missing something? I was told that you could watch a DVR program without it taking up a tuner, so the "tuner not available" should not apply. Anyone have any info for me?

2. domingos35

domingos35 Icon

Jan 11, 2006
    if u sling something recorded on your dvr it will not use a tuner
    if u sling live tv it will use a tuner

3. tcatdbs

tcatdbs Icon

Jul 10, 2008
    Will a Sling Adapter work going from a 722 on one account to a Hopper on a different account? I am moving to a new house/new account and keeping my old 722 account in my previous house for a month, while I make sure I prefer Hopper over 722. Can I just attach my current adapter to the Hopper? (or is it account linked?)

4. neomaine

neomaine Legend

Feb 3, 2003
    Been using mine for well over a year. First on a Droid and now on an iPhone. How do you have your DVR connected to your network? I'd highly recommend making sure your DVR was wired to your router. WiFi (DVR to router) will present all kinds of problems for streaming. It's not impossible, and my work fine in some cases, but I'd make sure it was wired it at all possbile.

5. domingos35

domingos35 Icon

Jan 11, 2006
    its not account linked

6. neomaine

neomaine Legend

Feb 3, 2003
    If you're using a 722, it may not use tuner 2 but it will use/preempt the output on TV2.

7. neomaine

neomaine Legend

Feb 3, 2003
    Not account linked. It's a seperate piece of harware. You should be able to simply unplug from the 722 and then plug it into the Hopper. You'll have to re-enable it on the Hopper but nothing ties it to your 722.

8. christy552005

christy552005 Cool Member

May 14, 2012
    It is WiFi connected. Installation guy said it was too hard to run a wire to the router. It works sometimes. It's frustrating. Today i have tried it several times and get the "unable to sling" message.

9. neomaine

neomaine Legend

Feb 3, 2003
    Too hard for them maybe, but you've got time - and a need - on your side. :)

Though, I've seen them run a PowerLine Ethernet adapters in those cases. If it really is too tough to run cat 5e/6 then it could be a good option for you.

10. domingos35

domingos35 Icon

Jan 11, 2006
    thats what i had before(powerline adapter) now i have the HIC.
    works perfectly:hurah: