1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sling questions on 722K

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by dontech, Jul 1, 2011.

1. dontech

dontech AllStar

Jun 1, 2009
    I am thinking of getting a sling box for my 722k through Dish. Couple of questions. I don't have an internet connection to my 722K right now. If I get a wireless adapter through Dish, I think it connects to the USB port on the 722K. The sling box also needs a USB connection. Would I need a hub to go to the one port on the 722K?

Also, once everything works, can I use my blackberry outside to check signal strength when tweaking the dish?
    Thanks for your guidance.

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    You can use a USB hub or the other USB port (there are USB ports in front and back).
    You could try it but it would be easier to turn up your sound system volume. I question that you would be able to read the meter on a smaller-screened Blackberry which would relegate it to being a remote speaker for this purpose. Note that you need to let the streaming stabilize to take out any timing delay as the Sling adapter buffers.

3. mdavej

mdavej Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    No. You can only watch live channels or recordings via sling adapter. You can't get to the menus. However, you could do it with a regular sling box. In any case, I think it's a great idea.

4. dkdesantis

dkdesantis Cool Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I use a net zero power hub and that plugs into the ethernet input. My sling adapter plugs into the usb. Oh and it works great.

5. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    Wow great idea on the slingbox and tweaking your dish. Never thought of that.

6. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    See, you learned something today. :)

7. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    Yes, yes i did. Now just to figure out if my wifi can reach my shed in the back yard where my dish is!

8. TreborG2

TreborG2 Cool Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Try this ... http://www.freeantennas.com/projects/template/ it can increase your range.

The way I use to aim for better signal on my older dish (500DP) I would use my cordless phones ... they can intercom each other .. so call one handset from the other... set one handset down in front of the tv speaker, the other outside with me :)