1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sling very buggy with Hopper?

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by ewingr, Aug 11, 2012.

1. ewingr

ewingr Legend

May 18, 2005
    When I remotely try to watch something through my Android app, it always plays a Sirius station, no matter what I choose. It also says I have low bandwidth even if I ha 6 mb at my remote location.

2. dunkonu23

dunkonu23 Legend

Sep 10, 2006
    Michigan....
    I had a similar problem once with my iPhone and Sling... I just cycled phone power and all things returned to normal. Maybe that will work for you?

Scott

3. ewingr

ewingr Legend

May 18, 2005
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it, I've tried getting to it several times, always with the same result.'ve

Maybe it will work with a fresh reboot. I'll post back on success or not.

4. ewingr

ewingr Legend

May 18, 2005
    Nah...still no go.

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Fill a bug report :D or call DIRT members ...

6. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    I get that message at times, too. I click OK and I'm able to sling without problems.

When the Sirius station is playing, does your selection finally play after a short period of time? Are you able to go to the Guide and select a channel from there or watch a DVR event? Please let me know. Thanks.

7. ewingr

ewingr Legend

May 18, 2005
    No. It does not eventually play after a short time. Maybe if I wait a long time it may. I have waited maybe 2-3 minutes with no luck.

I have same issues when I go to guide, or try to play a DVR event. It just brings up the window to play but just plays the sirius station.

Just now tried it again, from home with phone using my "up to" 50mbps internet connection, selected a recording, got the low bW message, and went to playing teh Siriius channel. Left it there for 5 min, never changed. Next I went to the guide, and selected something, and same results.

By the way, the phone I'm doing this on is a Galaxy S III, on AT&T, on Android 4.04.

Just tried same thing on my Asus Tablet, also on Android 4.04. It showed 1100kbps in lower right corner, and popped up a small window about low bandwidth. Took about 4 minutes and finally started video, but it was showing a different channel from what I selected, and no audio came through. Waited for another minute or so, and finally started showing correct channel.

So, I closed the Asus connection and tried from phone again. It said another user was using the connnection and I over rode the connection. It started playing almost immediately on the phone.

NOt sure what to think about it...

8. tcatdbs

tcatdbs Icon

Jul 10, 2008
    Ditto on my Nexus 7. Plays fine on my Galaxy Player. Same TV same app, same router. Must be a Jelly Bean thing (although it seems to work for some). It's a different Sirus station each time though.... also tried it at work on different wifi. Same problem. Get radio station when trying DVR event, Live event or Guide event.

EpixHD app also force closes on Nexus 7.

Mine shows 40kbps in the corner, I know that's wrong

9. bigdog9586

bigdog9586 Legend

Jan 17, 2008
    Doesnt work very well on my Nexus 7 either. Works good on my iPad.

10. bigdog9586

bigdog9586 Legend

Jan 17, 2008
    Doesnt work very well on my Nexus 7 either. Works better on my iPad but it's still not ready for PRIMETIME.

11. tcatdbs

tcatdbs Icon

Jul 10, 2008
    I must say that EpixHD through my browser (Xscope) works very well on my N7, so it can be done. Dish just needs to talk to the Epix technicians (or the Netflix folks).

Edit: If this helps diagnose, I just tried it again, pressing the red remote button. The second and third tuner were on a tv channel labeled living room. While the nexus 7 was connecting, the third tuner changed to Sirous right when the nexus started playing music. So the connection is there, it's just not tuning to the correct station.

Edit 2: Just got it working. The method: click the right button in the app after the radio station starts, your presets. Enter a channel number. That channel will actually start playing! Then after that, anything you play from the guide or dvr list will play (after a few seconds of buffering).

edit #3: Even better now that android app got updated to 1.4.