1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slingbox Help!!!

Discussion in 'IPTV and Internet Video Delivery' started by EVAC41, Nov 2, 2009.

1. EVAC41

EVAC41 Legend

Jun 27, 2006
    I have just gotten the slingbox solo. I hooked it up and got everything going not knowing how much bandwidth it used. Well I also have a slingcatcher. I wanted to put my slingcatcher upstairs in my bedroom and watch my DVR shows in my bedroom also. Well when i watch the shows does that only go thru my network or does it go thru out on the internet.

Just wondering and conserned about the bandwidth.. My ISP doesn't like it when we use a lot of bandwidth...

Thanks,
    Shawn

2. durl

durl Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2003
    You can set up the Slingcatcher to stream either over the internet or through your home network.

3. Garyunc

Garyunc Godfather

Oct 7, 2006
    Actually the slingcatcher can tell if the slingbox is remote or local. Make sure you have a good local network connection or it will not work as well.

4. xmguy

xmguy New Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Middle, TN
    I'm glad I got the HAVA platinum HD vs the Slingbox.

5. sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork Icon

Aug 21, 2008
    If you're setting up both the Catcher and Sling at your home then bandwidth won't matter it will all be over your local network.

6. EVAC41

EVAC41 Legend

Jun 27, 2006
    ok cool...Thanks Guys..