1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

SLOW CHANNEL CHANGE

Discussion in 'Cable TV Discussion' started by BrookeJisha, Oct 31, 2013.

1. BrookeJisha

BrookeJisha New Member

Oct 31, 2013
    I moved into house and have had FREE cable for years.
    Cable comes off of the line into the house and plugs directly into TV.
    I do not have any decoder or cable boxes from the cable company.
    I still have an older flat screen that works and changes channels quickly. It is a 2009 Model

Samsung 40" 1080p LCD HDTV w/ Touch of Color Design - LN40B550

My other TV went out and bought a new TV only to discover that it took 3–5 seconds to change channels.
    I purchased a Brand New

Sharp - AQUOS - 60" Class (60" Diag.) - LED - 1080p - 120Hz - HDTV
    Is there a specific TV that I can purchase that will work as well as my older TV? Or is there a product that I can purchase to speed things up?

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Channel changing speed is rarely used as a metric in assessing of the quality of a TV.

At some point in the not too distant future, you'll have to get some manner of external receiver anyway and this search will have likely been for naught.

That said, it may be possible to disable some of the TV's features and gain some surfing speed. Look for anything that refers to "enhancement", "reduction" or "leveling" in the video and audio settings and turn them off and see if that doesn't help. I'd start by looking for an audio leveling feature as that could require some sampling of the audio on the new channel before it can decide what volume level is appropriate.