1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow response on SWM 16 DECA across SWM Ports

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by jbhsv, Jun 2, 2012.

1. jbhsv

jbhsv Cool Member

Feb 12, 2011
    I notice that when fast forwarding a show through commercials if the 2 boxes are on the same SWM Port on the SWM16 it is significantly faster, in fact when fast forwarding across the 2 ports it is almost slow enough to not see when the show has started back. Has anyone else noticed this?

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    DECA wise, this makes little sense.
    The DECA is the same 525-575 MHz signal.
    It might have more to do with the receivers connected than the DECA itself.

This might have a lot more to do with it.
    How do you have 25 tuners off a SWiM?

3. jbhsv

jbhsv Cool Member

Feb 12, 2011
    I am actually in transition currently i have a swm 16 and a swm 8 on 2 separate dishes. What is your recommendation on best way to hook everything up?

4. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    Easiest way is just eliminate the 2nd dish and run 4 short cables from the 4 swm16 legacy ports to the 4 inputs of the swm8.

5. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    "The approved method" is to use 2-way splitters to feed both SWiMs. These do add a bit of loss between the dish/LNB and the SWiMs.
    There's a pretty good article here on the options: http://forums.solidsignal.com/showthread.php/336-WHITE-PAPER-More-than-16-tuners-in-the-home