1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow Response?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by dilchahtahai, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Jul 9, 2009 #1 of 11
    dilchahtahai

dilchahtahai Legend

Jan 14, 2009
    My DirectTV Received earlier in the week shut down and I restarted it. Ever since then, From moving channel 1 to channel 2, it takes exact 2 seconds. It was very quick earlier.

Also, Fonts have been changed.

Somehow, I am not liking this new change. It is kinda slow.

2. Jul 9, 2009 #2 of 11
    jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Try a red button restart.

What model is it? And what software version does it have?

3. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Icon

Mar 7, 2007
    Ahh, progress. ;)

4. dilchahtahai

dilchahtahai Legend

Jan 14, 2009
    I tried the Red Button. No Change. I am surprised because before this Tuesday , It was quick. I wonder may be DirectTV Software Updated screwed up. But I am surprised why it is only me? It should be everywhere. Arent people observing this delay? May be People dont change channel as much as I do. But this is frustrating to wait for that 3 to 4 seconds to jump from one channel to other.

5. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I think it would help to know what sort of receiver you have.

6. Rob77

Rob77 Godfather

Sep 24, 2007
    Yes, have been having this problem....and it started after the last update.
    BTW - HR21-700

7. BuffaloDenny

BuffaloDenny Icon

Mar 19, 2007
    My channel changes have always taken 5-6 seconds (when switching to different resolution). I believe this is mostly because I have native format turned on. I think it would be much quicker if I turned it off, but I prefer this setting.

8. cool09

cool09 New Member

Jul 10, 2009
    mine used to be very quick as you've explained.
    but i saw last time software updated completed and after that on both of my tv it lags little bit than before while accessing channel guide and changing channels.
    i've reset redbutton but same thing besides i saw fonts change and looks little different than before.
    i've same hd reciever.
    i felt after they've updated their software that's what i'm experiencing but i just ignore it and using it.
    i don't think there's any fix.
    thanks

9. dilchahtahai

dilchahtahai Legend

Jan 14, 2009
    I have Native Thing Turn Off and Banner time is 2 seconds (instead of 4 second). but I wonder why it is slowing now , because just before Tuesday everything was just fine. I am sure, DirecTTV must have updated or released some patch and not tested in every receiver. I have HD Receiver. Model H21-200

10. dilchahtahai

dilchahtahai Legend

Jan 14, 2009
    How can there be no fix, all they have to do is revert back their code...It has not improved any quality, FONTS have changed and they are the not better....Plus It takes frustrating time..I called up DirecTTV..and they said..since you have HD Receiver...It takes this much time..I said, F**** Y**...I had HD Receiver before Tuesday...Dont give lame excuses.

11. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003