1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sluggish HR21 - dish alignment issue???

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by GreatPig, Dec 3, 2011.

1. GreatPig

GreatPig DBSTalk Club Member

Sep 19, 2006
    I've been having issues with my HR21-700 for several weeks. The system is very sluggish to respond, sometimes taking 60 seconds or more to respond. Waiting for the guide to fully appear can take the longest, but it is slow even moving through the Menu.

I have tried all the suggestions I could find on the forums: turn off native, NVRAMM/FLASH cleared, resetting the receive twice in 30 minutes, mute/select 963 down channel on the remote, etc., nothing seems to work.

The Directv rep is sending someone to my house to check the dish alignment. She claimed that even though video is fine and my other receiver has no issues at all, it could be a dish alignment issue. Is this possible?

This service call will be free as a "courtesy to a long time customer," but I'll still be out the time waiting for the rep sometime between 12 and 4. (I was told "they can't always call before heading your way.")

2. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Unless you are getting poor signal strength readings at that receiver location, there is a much better chance that the receiver is just going bad, maybe the HDD is starting to have issues, thats the most common cause.