1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

small Bug in operation

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jm9, May 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jm9

jm9 Mentor

Feb 10, 2003
    I have noticed that the beeping sound when you press a botton on the remote does not work when on a local HD channel. I have also lost the red recording light by switching back and forth between a HD channel and a SD channel while recording HBOHD.

2. 1995hoo

1995hoo AllStar

May 14, 2004
    Fairfax...
    Do you have Dolby Digital turned on? On my SD TiVo (Philips DSR6000), the TiVo sounds do not function when the unit is sending out Dolby Digital, although they work otherwise. Perhaps the HR10-250 is the same? (Hadn't paid much attention to this issue yet.)

3. jm9

jm9 Mentor

Feb 10, 2003

Yes I'm using Dolby Digital and component Video.

I had Tivo sounds on my SD Tivo (Hughes Series 2) that I eventually turned off.

I reread your post and understand what you are saying. I can check this evening and see if the tivo sounds work with Non HD HBO that is sedning Dolby digital.

4. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    The HD Tivo is the same as the SD Tivo. You will NOT hear any Tivo sounds while in Dolby Digital.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.