1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smart search broken?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by ToBeFrank, Oct 16, 2011.

1. ToBeFrank

ToBeFrank Legend

May 15, 2009
    I saw an ad that "The Walking Dead" season 2 is premiering tomorrow night. I went to smart search to schedule it to record, but the only thing it returns is three VOD shows. I had to go to the guide for tomorrow and schedule it from there. Anybody else seeing this?

2. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    They're all there for me.

3. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    I read somewhere on here someone who had a similar issue. Another poster indicated they'd seen it with newly added HD channels.

4. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    Ya check to make sure the new AMC HD channel is added to your channel list.

If you have it set to "show HD channel" only, you lose theas AMC listing.

5. futurerebeldr

futurerebeldr AllStar

Jun 8, 2010
    I had the same thing happen on both of my HR24's. AMCHD was already showing on my channel list, since I show everything I get instead of having custom lists.

6. ToBeFrank

ToBeFrank Legend

May 15, 2009
    A new channel... that explains it. I didn't even know it was. Thanks guys.

7. futurerebeldr

futurerebeldr AllStar

Jun 8, 2010
    Hasn't AMCHD been live now for almost 5 weeks? I would think that would be enough time for the search to start incorporating the channel listings into the search.

8. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    You'd think so. With DirecTV, you never know when they'll fix some seemingly simple things...This, Channels I Get, etc.

9. D_Thomas

D_Thomas Mentor

Jul 5, 2002
    I had the same problem. I had to do two restarts within 30 minutes to clear the guide data. After waiting a few hours for the guide to rebuild, the AMCHD shows were showing up in the Smart Search.

10. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    It is found in a search, but not if you don't have the channel in your selected "favorites".

11. TomCat

TomCat Broadcast Engineer

Aug 31, 2002
    Smart Search not broke.

Smart Search just stupid.

12. zlt1

zlt1 Cool Member

Jan 20, 2003
    So I do a search for a PBS show "clinton: americcan experience" and it finds a match but then says "There are no matching programs at this time"

I then go to pbs channel 11 and see the show for 2/20/12

I have all channels in my favorites

I have seen a similar issue with search but thought it was my bad search options...
    I don't think there are any new channels, or updates.

Is this a known issue of search problems?

13. zlt1

zlt1 Cool Member

Jan 20, 2003
    BTW I've been here since 2003 but my status is New User ?
    Not that I'm asking it as a question more of a comment from 9 year New User
    Obviously I read allot here but don't post much....

14. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    It's based on post count. We don't pay much attention to it, at least I don't.

15. Ozam

Ozam Cool Member

Feb 27, 2008
    I ran a Smart Sarch for "House of Lies" today......the only thing that showed up were those episodes on VOD.

Thinking to myself this is strange I went to Showtime's website and found out that a new episode was showing tonight. Using the guide I navigated to the show and selected info, more info and view upcoming. I was then presented with a completely different scenario than with Smart Search where all the upcoming showtimes were displayed.

what the &*^%, this makes no sense!

16. Red Orc

Red Orc Legend

Oct 11, 2011
    I had a similar problem last week. Someone told me that Mystery Woman was coming on on Sunday. I did A smart Search three different times and nothing came up. I finally had to use the guide to find the movies.

17. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Just a small point of fact, House of Lies was not new last night....it premieres on Sundays with Shameless and Californication..but yes it appears that smart search can return inconsistent results

18. joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    I found it with smart search, was looking for the one and found six of them. I probably was searching at a different time than you were. SS is good but not perfect. Liked the movie though!

19. Red Orc

Red Orc Legend

Oct 11, 2011
    Yeah Mystery Woman is pretty cool. I remember Kellie Martin from Life Goes On in the 80's. I don't know why they refuse to release all of the movies on DVD. Only three of them are available
    http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v5_se...desc=&used=0&site_id=4&site_media_id=0&sort=5

20. JohnDG

JohnDG Legend

Aug 16, 2006
    I've also been seeing this problem. I search for a movie that is playing in a few days: SEARCH finds the name, but when I select the movie from the search list it does not show any upcoming showings. Go into the guide for the time and channel 4 days out and the movie is there.

HR22, and only after the new HD guide was installed. Anybody else seeing this?

jdg