1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snow On Dish

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by mobandit, Nov 17, 2009.

1. mobandit

mobandit Hall Of Fame

Sep 4, 2007
    Had to share this one...a local station reported this morning that they couldn't show an interview because of too much snow on their satellite dish....we have had less than an inch of snow fall!!!!

Have they ever heard of a broom?

2. Scott in FL

Scott in FL Godfather

Mar 18, 2008
    They've probably let go too many of their engineers, so no one was available to go up on the roof with a broom first thing in the morning! We don't get a lot of snow here in Florida, but I can certainly see this happening. When I still worked in local tv I was the first engineer to arrive each morning... at about 8:30 AM.

3. kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte Active Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Outside...
    Does it REALLY take an engineer with a degree to go up and brush some snow off the dish? lol

4. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Some might say that is the primary purpose of an engineering degree. lol

5. Scott in FL

Scott in FL Godfather

Mar 18, 2008
    No. But get one of the news staff to perform such a lowly task?!?!? No way!!

Sort of goes with other engineering tasks like changing light bulbs, unjamming staplers, unclogging toilets...

6. mobandit

mobandit Hall Of Fame

Sep 4, 2007
    All the reporters could do was complain, even though a reporter was already outside...

7. kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte Active Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Outside...
    Good. Then your interview doesn't get aired lol