1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SNY - Why no HD away games??

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Duffycoug, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 6, 2007 #1 of 17
    Duffycoug

Duffycoug Legend

Apr 16, 2007
    I thought it was the case, but now I know for sure....Cablevision has Mets home AND away games in HD...I watched it at my neighbor's house over labor day weekend somewhere in the 730s......why on earth would DTV not give us the HD for the away games, when apparently it's available????

2. Sep 6, 2007 #2 of 17
    Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Is SNY 24/7 network?

If it is parttime, then it could be in the contract details between DirecTV and the network.

If it is 24/7... then you got me.

3. Sep 6, 2007 #3 of 17
    Duffycoug

Duffycoug Legend

Apr 16, 2007
    24/7 network.....YES carries the Yankees, SNY carries the Mets.....there has to be some logical reason. By the way, where was this moved to?

4. Sep 6, 2007 #4 of 17
    Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Then there is no good explanation on why DirecTV would turn on/off the HD for this specific network.... As that isn't the case with CSN-Chicago....
    If they have it in HD, it is in HD.

The thread was moved to the PROGRAMMING forum
    http://www.dbstalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125

5. Sep 6, 2007 #5 of 17
    Duffycoug

Duffycoug Legend

Apr 16, 2007
    I've posted this a while back when the season started and several other members of the original forum that I posted in said it was common knowledge that the away games were in SD.....can you dig for an explanation? Season is basically already over, but I'd like to know why this is the case.

6. Sep 6, 2007 #6 of 17
    Duffycoug

Duffycoug Legend

Apr 16, 2007
    I found the answer on the SNY website.....

Q: Why don't all of your cable and satellite providers offer SNY in HD?
    A: It is up to each cable and satellite provider to allocate channel space for viewers to see SNY in HD. Currently, not all service providers have allocated this space, but we are encouraging them to do so because SNY has extensive HD programming including all Mets home games and select away games. In addition, SportsNite, a comprehensive re-cap of all New York sports is shot in HD from SNY's state-of-the-art street level studio in the heart of Manhattan every night at 6pm, 10pm and 1am. If your cable operator does not currently offer SNY in HD, we encourage you to call your service provider and request it.
    * Click here to find out which cable operators are currently airing SNY in HD.

So I guess I was getting those games in HD as well....I'll have to check next time.

7. Sep 7, 2007 #7 of 17
    dvrblogger

dvrblogger Icon

Jan 11, 2005
    DIRECTV shows the same HD games as Cablevision. I have both and can testify that I have never seen any away games in HD. The commercials and studio updates are in HD regardless of where they play. Mets fans should complain to SNY that SNY wont spend the money to cover away games !!
    Lets Go Mets

8. Sep 7, 2007 #8 of 17
    NYSmoker

NYSmoker Icon

Aug 19, 2006
    I haven't seen one away game in HD yet, so I don't know which select games they are talking about. Hopefully next year the soon to be World Champs will get the 162 game HD treatment.

9. Sep 7, 2007 #9 of 17
    shadyridr

shadyridr Legend

Jan 25, 2007
    No they dont

10. bidger

bidger Hall Of Fame

Nov 19, 2005
    I believe we went through this before.

All I know is I saw a TWC Manhattan sub who posted asking why the Mets away games weren't in HD. TWC, along with Comcast, are co-owners with Sterling Entertainment Enterprises of Sportsnet NY. Why would Cablevision get Met away games in HD and TWC not?

11. ElVee

ElVee Legend

Nov 27, 2006
    +1

12. Wisegoat

Wisegoat Icon

Aug 16, 2006
    Hopefully, next year, ALL baseball games for ALL teams will be in HD.

That way, I can see the Angels get their World Series rings!:D You know the winner is coming out of the American League!

13. cforrest

cforrest Icon

Jan 20, 2007
    I have seen away games in HD, when the Mets were at Yankee stadium. Otherwise, all other away games are not in HD.

14. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Yeh my parents have CV and when i was there last the mets were away and the game was not in HD on SNY

15. byron

byron Icon

Nov 15, 2004
    FYI- All Mets games starting this year (Home & Away) will be available in High Definition.

16. LGM2007

LGM2007 Godfather

Dec 17, 2006
    Maine
    Very good news. Now let's hope for dual feeds.

17. byron

byron Icon

Nov 15, 2004
    that will never happen... the MLB would have to approve this change and we all know they aren't the brightest folks when it comes to TV coverage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.