1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SNYH (625) - No Mets game in New York DMA

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by dpcv8, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dpcv8

dpcv8 Cool Member

Mar 7, 2007
    The game is on SNY SD channel 625.

on the HD channel is a slide that says:

No Need to Call Us

We are aware this TV station is temporarily unenviable
    We'll have this channel back as quickly as possible
    Sorry for the interruption.

2. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    When you see that it usually means that the HD feed from the station is down or the D* uplink is down. I've seen it on the MPEG4 locals and it usually is the OTA station is actually down and out for the count (I check OTA and sure enough, it's down).

Can't say for sure in this case, just posting what it usually is.

3. bidger

bidger Hall Of Fame

Nov 19, 2005
    The game was in Florida and, at this point in time, SNY doesn't do HD for away games.

It really said "unenviable"?

4. NYSmoker

NYSmoker Icon

Aug 19, 2006
    The game was fine on the SD 625 and the HD 625 did come back on, I don't know how long it was down for though. It was an interesting screen though, don't call us we know, well how do I know you care about fixing it if I don't complain. It is a good thing this game wasn't in HD.

5. ScoBuck

ScoBuck Banned User

Mar 5, 2006
    In the hour preceeding last nights game, SNYH was experiencing video freeze every 15 seconds, and then an error message was popping up on the screen. It was a problem with the link from SNY to DirecTV.

6. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    It might have something to do with this......

Last night I found that I had two channel 625's again. The difference this time is that one of them was HD.

To be clear: (I hope )

1. Up until about a week ago(now is 20APR07) I had no HD RSN's.

2. A few weeks ago I had two SNY's, YES's, and NESN's, all of which were SD.

3. Those in the NYC & Boston lil's had something similar but actually had HD versions these stations. I'm not in either lil.

4. The multiple versions of these channels went away and I had just one SD version of each.

5. Last night(19APR07), I set the guide to ALL CHANNELS and there were two channel 625's SNY & SNYH and the second was actually the HD version.

6. I previously posted a series of emails between me and SNY where they indicated I wouldn't get SNY in HD yet.
    link - http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p=903395

I live in Norwich, CT 06360.

Has anyone seen this? What's your zip?

Mike

7. ScoBuck

ScoBuck Banned User

Mar 5, 2006
    No - I called tech support before the channel went down - when I was getting the error messages I posted about. There was a problem between SNY and D*.

8. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    Possible they are expanding the coverage of SNYH on to other spotbeams like they are YesHD.

9. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    Certainly seems so. My buddies in surrounding towns all show that we now have HD RSN's.

Now, if D* only had some way to let me know I had new programming..........apparently not :rolleyes:

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.