1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So confused

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by VetteVert, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VetteVert

VetteVert Cool Member

Sep 11, 2006
    I asked DirecTV if I would be charged additional monthly fees if I bought the HR20. They said if I was replacing another receiver, then no. But I just read on here that someone said if I bought the HR20 from valueelectronics, it would be leased and it would add a 2 year contract (I just signed up for DirecTV 2 months ago...they sold me the wrong equip for my preordered TV...unwilling to help me out when it arrived and looked bad). Which is it?

I hate this contract/lease/fees out the wazoo crap!

VV

2. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    You pay $4.99 a month whether you own it or lease it unless it's your only receiver. If you own it they call it the "extra receiver fee" if you lease it it's called a lease fee. Either way you're paying (same as with cable or Dish).

3. VetteVert

VetteVert Cool Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Any idea on the 2 year contract deal when buying the HR20? Is that just at VE?

4. LockMD

LockMD Godfather

Nov 16, 2005
    D* is just like any cell phone company, *ANY* equipment changes to your account automatically restarts your contract.

5. PoitNarf

PoitNarf New Member

Aug 19, 2006
    Also if you don't have any DVRs yet, they charge an additional $5.99 fee for DVR service. This fee covers all DVRs in your house (per account, not per receiver).

6. davecramer74

davecramer74 Cool Member

Sep 11, 2006
    its the same here in cali, whenever i get something new from them, its 2 year committment. Unless your using the "movers connection", you only have to sign a 1 year.

7. NurseDave

NurseDave AllStar

Aug 20, 2006
    But all of that is because you're adding another box or DVR or something. Not just because it's an HR20.

8. VetteVert

VetteVert Cool Member

Sep 11, 2006
    I'm Dense! Sorry

So it will add 2 years or just restart 2 years (only started DirecTV 2 months ago)

9. LockMD

LockMD Godfather

Nov 16, 2005
    Restarts.

If you were 6 months in and made an equipment change, you would not have 3.5 years to go. Just restarts the original 2 year contract.

10. VetteVert

VetteVert Cool Member

Sep 11, 2006
    So I'm only adding 2 months :)

Thanks so much for the help guys!!!

VV

11. NurseDave

NurseDave AllStar

Aug 20, 2006
    Uh oh, that'll be the next step. "Sir, with that last change in your service, your agreement is now for 13.4 years."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.