1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, decided to test the CSR....

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by dshu82, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dshu82

dshu82 Icon

Jul 6, 2007
    Called yesterday to re-activate an R-15 in an extra room that they would not send me a recovery kit for after 3 requests (guess their plan to get the $4.99 back on my bill worked!) and decided to ask the CSR about ESPN News HD as we were wrapping up. After she told me 3x that ESPN News is channel 207 (uh, yeah I know) she finally decided to tell me that their second HD satellite was launched and should be up and running any day now :)rolleyes: )

I would like to personally thank all the D* CSR's and installers who take it upon themselves to read and participate in this forum, whether it is to help in their jobs or for fun.

On the positive side, very nice girl and got my reciever back up and running smoothly.

2. Ed Campbell

Ed Campbell Hall Of Fame

Feb 17, 2006
    At the "opening door" level of CSR, I wouldn't expect them to have access to anything other than what's up and running. If management at the top sent the memo.

Having the Protection Plan, my calls are automatically routed to a more experienced level - someone capable, say, as most of the folks in Retention - and I've been able to have a bit of the dialogue you hoped for (?).

But, these forums are still the best place to find info.

3. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    It is true that for some of these folks being a CSR is a job and not a passion. As a result, they do not all have the dedication of the fine folks here.

4. hasan

hasan Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    ....and even the most devoted of us here might become considerably less so after a shift of mind-numbing phone calls from people who can't find an item in a menu that's staring at them from the one eyed monster. (and who persist in random button pushing while being told to do only one thing at a time and follow the step by step instructions being provided to the letter

Take it from someone who deals with people who expect digital closed captioning changes to affect the analog closed captioning, and who don't understand the difference between digital and analog channels on a TV (when both are present). Three personal visits, an hour and a half of explanation and demonstration....and they come back with "it doesn't work right".:)

While most consumers do pretty well with "by the number instructions", there are just enough of the "box of rocks" types to make customer service particularly challenging on any given day, and take the "passion" out of even the most dedicated and well-adjusted individual.:lol:

5. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...

I see you have tried trouble-shooting for my parents.:lol:

6. mikewolf13

mikewolf13 Icon

Jan 30, 2006
    They should advertise that a benefit of the PP is that you get someone who knows how to do their job.

7. beavis

beavis Icon

Jun 8, 2005
    If everyone who called into D* was as knowledgeable as everybody here, that's a CSR's dream. For every CSR that isn't that great, there are about 7-10 customers that have the electronics IQ of dryer lint.

8. dbmaven

dbmaven Icon

May 29, 2004
    You're being far, far too generous. :D

9. Jeremy W

Jeremy W Hall Of Fame

Jun 19, 2006
    Really? I wasn't aware that DirecTV did this.

10. Greyshadow2007

Greyshadow2007 Legend

Aug 23, 2006
    They don't. Apparently DIRECTVs "Protection Plan" is handled by an outsourced company, N.E.W. (National Electronics Warranty) Apaprently calls from subscribers to that plan get routed to NEW call centers.

Here's where I found my information:
    https://www.newcorp.com/who_we_are/051601.html

11. Incompetent

Incompetent AllStar

Mar 26, 2008
    For D* there are 3 tiers of CSRs and then there are specialized depts. I call D* everyday. The best solution of when u get a crap csr? Hang up and call again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.