1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Where is Fox Sports South HD?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by richlife, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richlife

richlife Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2006
    With all the new HD channels being added and especially the FSN channels, where is FSS HD? This is a huge market and many of the most ardent sports fans in the country, and Fox is letting us down!

Why do I say this? How about the ACC, the SEC, Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, Knoxville, and all of Florida to say nothing about all those who follow our more local teams and feed the bigger markets with atheletes. Get with it FSN and D*!

2. bwaldron

bwaldron Impossible Dreamer

Oct 24, 2005
    There are a lot of large markets without their RSN's in CONUS HD planned until launch of D11. I do not know what criteria is being used to choose which to launch (other than 24x7 nets went first).

3. nhlfan79

nhlfan79 Legend

Aug 31, 2006
    There hasn't been any HD content on FSSouth since the Braves ended. We're not missing anything at the moment.

4. BGreen965

BGreen965 Legend

Aug 12, 2007
    As far as I can tell, FSN-South and Sports South are NOT fulltime HD channels. Comcast Savannah leaves the FSN feed up 24/7 and when they aren't showing HD they are showing Bars&Tone. Believe me, I want D* to add FSN south to, but right now the only HD programming they carry is the national programming which is already available on ch. 95(or around there). We can hope that individual events will be carried in HD on mpeg4 ch 96 like they have been on the ATL spotbeam for the last year.

5. flipptyfloppity

flipptyfloppity New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Where's Fox Sports Bay Area HD?

If I search on yahoo for "FSN HD", I end up with a link to a Fox Sports Bay Area page talking about HD offerings!

But oddly, FSN doesn't even list FSN Bay Area as one of their regions in HD. Weird. We're a huge market.

I get some programs on channel 96 at times, but I'd rather see a full time simulcast like the other networks are getting.

6. mdgolf

mdgolf Legend

Apr 14, 2006
    FSN Bay Area hasn't been bumped to Conus either...and the market is bigger than FSS...my guess is it's more about carriage contracts than anything else, not about how much D* cares.

7. mdgolf

mdgolf Legend

Apr 14, 2006
    Are you saying you don't get FSNBA HD and you live in Silicon Valley? You should be...since it's spot beamed. I can't get HD until they bump it up to Conus since I'm in the "home market" but outside the spotbeam, which barely goes to Tracy/Vallejo etc..

8. ecr72

ecr72 AllStar

Sep 14, 2007
    Do you think we'll have to wait for D11 to get FSBA in HD outside the spotbeam? I was under the impression I would get some Sharks games on 96 in the Sacramento area but after reading some recent threads I'm not expecting to anymore. At least not until FSBA HD pops up on 654 sometime in the future. I can't find the post now, but I believe that wasn't projected until sometime in 2008. Bummer.

9. mdgolf

mdgolf Legend

Apr 14, 2006
    I saw the same thing about D11. I hope they change their mind. It has to be a contract thing. It makes no sense otherwise since it's such a large market. I know the GM at FSNBA. I'll send him an email to see if he knows anything. I also know the guy who runs national sales for FSN...I'll try him too.

10. sdk009

sdk009 Icon

Jan 19, 2007
    Kihei, Maui, HI
    The spot beam may reach Tracy, but we still do not get Ch 96 because we are in the Sacto-Mod-Sck market. The SF spot beam signal is actually in the 90s when I check the Tp strength , but nothing is carried here from it.
    My guess is that the SoCal Rsns were added because that's D*'s home & FSNBA wasn't because it only goes HD for certain game telecasts. Still, it would be nice to see the Sharks in HD. I must be coming an HD snob because it's tough to watch a SD hockey telecast now.

11. mdgolf

mdgolf Legend

Apr 14, 2006
    You may have noticed that I'm in Reno so I'm in the same boat as you are with regard to HD on FSNBA. Moved out of the Bay Area in July and want my HD back! :D

I fear it won't happen until D11 though..

12. gabe23

gabe23 Legend

Mar 6, 2007
    Well, here in Raleigh we're missing the Canes game in HD tonight...

13. fvmojoman

fvmojoman Cool Member

Nov 2, 2006
    I believe that here in Nashville the Predators games are sometimes broadcast in HD.

14. cougar

cougar AllStar

Jul 6, 2007
    Actually, FSN South has the biggest market of any of the FSN's. But like an earlier poster said, until baseball season starts we're not missing much. :)

15. bbq-allstar

bbq-allstar Legend

Jun 29, 2006
    :icon_stup Hockey is the only REAL sport... Baseball???:new_sleep

16. SinBin

SinBin Legend

Apr 13, 2007
    +1

17. farmdwg

farmdwg Mentor

Feb 5, 2007
    What's the timeline for D11?

18. Crypter

Crypter Godfather

Jun 21, 2007
    Well I rank the profrssional sport leagues in the US as follows.

I would say it's...

1. NFL
    2. MLB
    3. NBA
    4. PGA
    5. Tennis
    6. MLS
    7. NHL
    8. WNBA

Okay not really sure about MLS but I know ESPN shows MLS games from time to time and they do not cover NHL games at all anymore...

19. Racer88

Racer88 Icon

Sep 12, 2006
    HUH??? not by any stretch of the imagination is that true...

20. Racer88

Racer88 Icon

Sep 12, 2006
    Umm NASCAR is the #1 spectator sport and #2 in TV viewership.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.