1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

So whos going to see Spiderman

Discussion in 'The Movies' started by Scott Greczkowski, Apr 30, 2002.

1. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Banned User

Mar 21, 2002
    Anyone on planning on seeing Spiderman?

I got the oportunity to go to a premiere of it tommorow night but not sure if I can attend or not.

2. jrjcd

jrjcd Arcane Movie Trivia King DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    Spiderman is a movie for the plebeian faction...I am going to save my money for the next French Audrey Tautou outing....

(NOT!!!!)

3. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    I'm definitely there - Spiderman and Sam Raimi combined! What more could you want (except maybe a Bruce Campbell cameo)?

4. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    I watched an HBO special about Spiderman and it does look interesting. I will probably go and see it mainly for the effects and the music (Danny Elfman who also did the sountracks for Batman, Beetlegeuse and Mars Attacks).

5. Martyva

Martyva Guest DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    I've seen Toby McGuire in several movies. He's a kick. I would like to see it, but will probably be occupied. Thanks for DBS and DVD.

6. John Corn

John Corn Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Oh ya....my sons birthday is this week and he has asked to go see it, I'm looking forward to it as well. :)

7. JBKing

JBKing Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Friday night, I'm there! I've only waited 30 years for this!

8. jrjcd

Apr 23, 2002
    as charlie ergen says to his dealers:"You asked for it, you got it"

one Bruce Campbell cameo served up in Spiderman-and it's better than the darkman cameo!!!!

9. Scott Greczkowski

Mar 21, 2002
    The only thing I find wierd is that the Spider Man costume hasnt really changed since the showed SpiderMan as a part of the old PBS Electric Company show.

(Anyone remember that?!)

10. spanishannouncetable

spanishannouncetable Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    Marvel tried to change his outfit once, but fans demanded the return of the classic red-and-blue design. I liked the new design (all black, with a wrap-around white spider design) but they made the right call when they went back to the original.

And for the record, its Spider-Man, not Spiderman. :)

11. Scott Greczkowski

Mar 21, 2002
    Howard Stern saw the movie yesterday and was raving about it, he said it was the Best Comic Book to Live Action movie he has even seen.

I think I may have to see this one.

12. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Is there a movie coming coming out/ Who is this Spider person?

13. Scott Greczkowski

Mar 21, 2002
    Shhh Geronimo, don't tell anyone but
    Spider-Man is
    Peter Parker

Remember don't tell anyone! :D

14. rbird

rbird AllStar

Apr 24, 2002
    Centerville, GA
    What, you mean his name's not Phil Spiderman? :D

(Sorry, bad Friends reference. I'll stop now)

Bob

15. Scott Greczkowski

Mar 21, 2002
    Hey Wait, Geronimos real name is Peter Parker. Does that mean he is....

Nah can't be. ;)

16. jrjcd

Apr 23, 2002
    i know they won't have it in the film, but....

"Spider-Man, Spider-Man...does what ever a spider can"

"Spins a web, any size-catches theives, just like flies"

"LOOK OUT!!! Here comes the Spider-Man!!!!!!"

:D :lol: :lol: :lol: :hi:

17. Scott Greczkowski

Mar 21, 2002
    Hey jrjcd, I though I was the only one who remembered that song. God how come Cartoon Network does not air that great show?

18. jrjcd

Apr 23, 2002
    if you watched the academy awards last month, when tobey mcguire and kirsten dunst came out to present whatever award they were presenting, they didn't play any music from the film, but instead played the spidey theme song from the old cartoon-it was kinda cool, but mcguire looked a little pissed...i have a feeling he's gonna pull a val kilmer first opportunity

19. JBKing

JBKing Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Anybody heard the Ramones cover of the Spidey cartoon theme?

20. John Corn

John Corn Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Oh yeah! I'm excited! I've watched the MTV special as well as the E! Channel's Spidermania which aired last night, along with the red carpet premiere! Every tv-spot and trailer looks fantastic. This is THE movie of the year. Sure there will be other great ones such as that little film called Star Wars, but this is Spider-Man's first big screen appearance and he's been around for 40 years! It looks like a great movie as I've heard Sam Raimi was a fan of the comic books and I think for the most part, he says he's kept it true to the comics. I also heard him mention last night that fans will notice a cameo by two other villains. Sounds intersting!

I'm worked up for disappointment. I hope it'll be good, I'm sick of all of these super hero spoof movies that have been out. I hated every one of the Batman movies, because I felt like none of them were true to the comic. They were either too dark or too much like the stupid show from the 60's. I thought X-Men was really good and this movie LOOKS like it might follow more closely with that. Hopefully the studios are catching on. In any case, I will be seeing it. I'm a _sucker for hype.

Click here to watch a movie trailer