1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Sochi Olympic App is now up on the hopper

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by bluegras, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Feb 6, 2014 #1 of 11
    bluegras

bluegras Godfather

Jan 31, 2008
    sochi olympic app is up right now on the hopper but the hopview is not working at the moment.will ley you know when it is working.

Thanks

Allen bluegras
    Illinois

2. Feb 6, 2014 #2 of 11

722921 Legend

Jan 3, 2008
    What is it supposed to do?

3. Feb 6, 2014 #3 of 11
    bluegras

bluegras Godfather

Jan 31, 2008
    it has the medal count,profiles and tweets from the olympics atheletes.the schedule for the olympics.and a couple of other things.

Thanks

Allen

4. Feb 6, 2014 #4 of 11
    James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    HopView is the mosaic ... finally, a mosaic channel on the Hopper!

5. Feb 8, 2014 #5 of 11
    scottchez

scottchez Icon

Feb 4, 2003
    works great thank you dish
    just hope they keep it around after the olympics
    maybe make it an all NEWS Mix channel before lunch
    and an all SPORTs mix after lunch
    then an all movie mix channel during prime time

6. Feb 9, 2014 #6 of 11
    James Long

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I do not expect to see them changing the mix throughout the day after the Olympics. If it sticks around (and I hope it does) I'd expect it to be the same mix as the DISH Home channel 100 on non-Hopper receivers. Whatever six channels DISH wanted to promote there.

7. Feb 9, 2014 #7 of 11
    scottchez

scottchez Icon

Feb 4, 2003
    i wonder if during non olympic times if these channels are paying to be here?
    I mean there seems to be no pattern to what is there it is not all news sports or movies.
    It is almost like this is a paid commercial.
    I think dish should have theme mix channels like other systems do, News, Sports, Kids ect
    I dont need an other commercial advertisement channel.
    Remember I am talking about times when there is no summer or Winter Olympics

8. Feb 9, 2014 #8 of 11
    James Long

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    The original DISH mosaic (non-Hopper) is a launchpad for apps. The Hopper has different launchers ... the blue button available at any time one is watching TV as well as the Apps option on the menu.

The channels on DISH Home seem random ... I recall seeing news channels near elections. If channels pay for the extra exposure of being on a "home" channel I suppose they could buy placement there.

9. BobCulp

BobCulp Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Colorado...
    James or anyone: Dish channel 207 has a bad info about SOCCI. USA (ch 105) If i'm not mistaken, never had olympic coverage in past few weeks. What's up with this?

10. James Long

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    USA has had coverage. I still have a recording of some of the coverage from last week of from USA.

11. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    USA had the USA Hockey game at noon ET today. They usually have coverage during the daytime when CNBC and msnbc can't.