1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Software download issues on H20

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by slice1900, Mar 28, 2013.

1. slice1900

slice1900 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Iowa
    While my GM was cleaning out our storage closet, he found an old H20 where it shouldn't be. I hooked it up to see if it still works, and while I can't remember the exact software version it was something just under or just over 4100 so I'm guessing it is about 3-4 years out of date. I got it configured for SWM without any problem, it sees all the satellites with strengths in the mid 90s, but I cannot get it to update its software.

I do the 02468 at startup and it goes to the software download screen, it says "New Software Found" in the upper left and says "Downloading software" above the progress bar, but stays at 0% while the numbers on the upper left slowly increment. My guess is that since it hasn't been updated in such a long time it's looking at the wrong transponder for software, and those numbers incrementing in the upper left are showing it searching through all the data streams for software.

I have a 5LNB system, which this receiver is correctly configured for. I've left it running for a half hour or so and it has got up to '4/300/30'. Anyone know how long it'll take to find the software, or if it ever will? I'd really like to get it updated to current and activate it to verify everything is working then keep it as a spare in case one of my 15 other H20s decides to die at some point.

2. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek DIRECTV A-Team

Jun 13, 2009
    The current software was probably not streaming when you tried the update. They no longer have all the equipment streaming 24/7. Check here: http://www.redh.com/dtv/index.php?list to see when it's active.

3. slice1900

slice1900 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Iowa
    I checked the link and H20 firmware is listed as "inactive". Does that mean it wasn't being sent at the moment I checked, or that updates for it are not being sent at all any longer? I assume the former, given that one model of D10 which is even older was listed as active. I guess I could just hook it up in the closet at the switches without a display for a day or two and hope it updates at some point, though without the display I can't be sure I hit the 02468 at the right time so I'll have to hope it does it on its own.

Thanks for the help!

4. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek DIRECTV A-Team

Jun 13, 2009
    Yep, it will update at some point.

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    just subscribe there to notify and you'll know when it's time to press numbers