1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

software for new 211k install failure

Discussion in 'ViP211(411)/211K/222 Support Forum' started by Bill Fleming, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Bill Fleming

Bill Fleming New Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Eagle, ID
    Hello:

I've just purchased a new 211k for my RV. During installation software failed to complete downloading after about 25% progress. A message on the screen directed me to Dish trouble line phone number. I called and was instructed to contact a retailer. Is the issue mine or Dish? If I was connected enough to start the download, it seems my King-Dome and receiver is working. Where do I start?

Thanks, Bill

2. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    Just grabbing at straws here, but did you have the jacks extended and the RV secured before the download?

Grabbing for another straw, did the AC cycle during the download, a voltage sag might have nailed it.

and the trifecta, good line of sight? no nearby tree limbs and wind gusts?

3. Bill Fleming

Bill Fleming New Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Eagle, ID
    Hey! Thanks for the input - all good, but the issue. I can reboot the download and it fails at the same place each time. I don't know if the problem is my equipment, etc., or something on Dish's side. Calling Dish is a joke. I get people that go through a checklist that ends with call a local retailer?

4. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    I would hook it up to a non mobile dish and see if it works. You may need to go to retailer to do that.

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    what sats the dish pointing ? anyway check signals at 110W tp18 or 61.5W tp14 (where the FW spooling going)
    if the signal is OK (green line), then you'll need to replace your 211k