1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Software update added "one-button on demand"

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by p4594spa, Apr 24, 2013.

1. p4594spa

p4594spa Mentor

Jul 20, 2006
    When I started watching my tv yesterday evening, the directv box (HR23-700) said that a new "one-button" on demand feature had been added and to go to directv.com to learn more. Directv.com doesn't show anything, nor do the description of the most recent software upgrades, so what is it?

2. peds48

peds48 Genius. DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    When you click on an VOD title, it now has a "watch now" option instead of "record" But note that you must have a reliable high speed internet in order to use this function. somewhere along the lines on sustained 7 to 8 Mbps is recommended.

3. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    Actually, from what the screen says it's a bit more than that. Evidently now when you are looking through on-demand shows and find one you want to watch you can just highlight the name of the show and hit the play button (just like you can in the DVR playlist) and the show will immediately start playing. I'm assuming this only works if your internet is fast enough, I haven't tried it myself.

4. peds48

peds48 Genius. DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    RIght on! I was not aware of this. Thanks!