1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Solid Signal vs Directv

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by firemantom26, Sep 25, 2013.

1. firemantom26

firemantom26 Mentor

Dec 2, 2006
    I want to add another H25 to my system. Both Directv and solid signal have them for $99. If I buy it from Solid Signal will it come with a access card and will I have to sign up for a two year agreement?

Thanks

Tom

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

2. Richard

Richard Legend

Apr 23, 2002
    South Texas
    Yes, and yes

3. firemantom26

firemantom26 Mentor

Dec 2, 2006
    Thanks for the quick reply. My two year agreement is up in March. if I do this now, my contract will start over and will it hurt my chanes on getting a free upgrade in March since I have the protection plan.

4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    You would need to find someone that had an owned one, and purchase a new access card.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

5. firemantom26

firemantom26 Mentor

Dec 2, 2006
    thanks for the info.......

6. firemantom26

firemantom26 Mentor

Dec 2, 2006
    I don't mind signing a 2 year contact but my contract is up in March and may just wait until then and get a FREE upgrade since I have the protection plan upgrade.............

7. fleckrj

fleckrj Icon

Sep 4, 2009
    Cary, NC
    The main difference between ordering from Solid Signal versus ordering from DirecTV is that with Solid Signal you are assured of getting a new unit and the model number you are ordering. When you order from DirecTV, you can get a refurbished unit and any model that DirecTV deems comparable to the one you want.

8. firemantom26

firemantom26 Mentor

Dec 2, 2006
    Where would be the best place to find a owned receiver?

9. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    You can try the "buy and sell" section here on DBSTalk, or you can try eBay. However always get the RID number FIRST and call Access card department to confirm OWN status.