1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Some channels choppy

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by rtfallier, Jun 16, 2013.

1. rtfallier

rtfallier New Member

Jun 16, 2013
    Manitowoc wi
    We are setting up the satellite at the new house. We have it set up on satellite 101 and it seems to have good numbers all around. Most channels come in fine, but some of the channels are very very choppy. For example, the HBO movie channels, Disney, and Disney Junior are all choppy. We have a directv AIM to set up the dish, but this is our first time using it.

2. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    Stuttering?

Pixellation?

Blocking ?

Freezing ?

{'choppy' ain't working for me today, LOL!}

3. rtfallier

rtfallier New Member

Jun 16, 2013
    Manitowoc wi
    It's like when it's stormy and the screen gets messed up from bad signal. I would use all of the above words to describe it. I guess I'm not up in proper lingo lol.

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    what type of numbers are those "good numbers?