1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some more DECA trouble shooting

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - H24/HR24 Field Trial (private)' started by j2fast, May 17, 2010.

1. j2fast

j2fast Godfather

Jul 15, 2007
    OK, I thought I had everything figured out from all the great info already posted but then I tried self-installing DECA... :grin:

Everything came up roses after installing and rebooting all of the receivers except my H24-700. The HR20-700's can see each other just fine, play content etc. The attached diagram shows how I have everything setup. I have an older (from the field trials) SWiM LNB without the green sticker so I used a BSF. The splitters are Ideal 5MHz-2.3GHz.

I tried restarting the H24 a couple of times, reconfigured the network settings, etc. Each time I run a system test under the network section is tells me there is no coax connected. Any and all help is welcome... :D

Attached Files:

2. houskamp

houskamp New Member

Sep 14, 2006
    have you tried all the "resets"? may take a reset everything..

are you running static or DHCP?

3. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Try re-running the system setup on the H24 if you haven't done so yet. When it says that no coax is connected, is that just for the network or are you not even getting TV service via the H24?

- Merg

4. j2fast

j2fast Godfather

Jul 15, 2007
    I'm running static IP's.

Network is the only issue, TV service is working just fine.

I'll trying rerunning setup and check back.

Thanks for the suggestions.

5. houskamp

houskamp New Member

Sep 14, 2006
    try reset everything.. and let it try to DHCP connect..

6. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    I had reset one of my receivers to get it to connect to the internet after DECA was installed.

7. j2fast

j2fast Godfather

Jul 15, 2007
    I tried rerunning setup first, while it was verifying configuration I got the screen shot attached named Sat Setup Screen with the big red X in the 110 sat column (don't know what if anything that means). I went ahead and continued on, once back to live TV I looked at the system info screen and saw the errors in the Sys Info Screen attachment.

The network issue still existed so I tried a reset everything. Once I got back to live TV I looked at the systems info screen again and the STB Service Port error code had changed to 100. The box also isn't pulling a local IP from the DHCP server, it's showing the default IP that was listed when the box first arrived.

I went ahead and tried manually setting a static IP and the box still tells me there's no coax connected even though TV service is working.

On a side note, MRV, etc. worked normally when I had everything connected via ethernet.

Attached Files:

8. p3pilot

p3pilot Member

Oct 27, 2008
    DFW
    Ever since my DECA install I have been having strange issues with my H24-700 also. MRV and the network connection have been very good, but the picture has been breaking up along with frequent 771's.

9. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    How/where is the DECA adapter that bridges the DECA cloud to your internet installed? When the installer Friday first installed it he used a non-green label splitter to split the line to the HR24 and the DECA adapter and it caused intermittent "searching for signal".

10. p3pilot

p3pilot Member

Oct 27, 2008
    DFW
    It is connected to the same green label 8-way splitter as the rest of the receivers. I had an extra coax line that was located near my router. I did unplug the PI that connection and it didn't seem to make any difference.

11. j2fast

j2fast Godfather

Jul 15, 2007
    Well breaking my own cardinal sin of not disclosing all details no matter how small just came back and bit me in the butt.... :icon_dumm

What I didn't type up or include in my drawing is that the H24 has an AM21 attached to it. :nono2: :(

After retrying everything, including swapping out coax I knew was good, I thought "it couldn't be the AM21 could it?". So I disconnected the AM21 and like magic the H24 is back to full functionality (incl MRV) after it finished the reboot. I double checked everything, reconnected the AM21, and voila.... I have OTA, MRV, the works.... ;)

Maybe my search fu is weak but I can't find any instance where the AM21 interfered with a DECA setup. I didn't take the time to reproduce it but it appears there is at least a chance that when migrating from ethernet to DECA you should disconnect AM21's the first time you boot up after the switch.

Thanks again for all of the suggestions.