1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some positive experience for a change

Discussion in 'VoomTalk.Com (Closed Forum)' started by scratchy, Jun 24, 2004.

1. scratchy

scratchy New Member

Jun 24, 2004
    To offset the negative posts, I decided to register and drop a positive post.

My install went smoothly on Tuesday, June 22. By the time the installer got to my house, I pulled an RG6 from the media room to the attic, so the installer mounted the dish to the roof and hooked up the cable. The sat. signal is around 92-96. I already had an external DTV antenna, so the installer didn't have to do anything for OTA DTV. Activation took about 5 minutes to complete.

By now I watched Voom for 2 nights and it appears nice. I disagree with those who see no value in Voom's proprietary HD channels. It's nice to have HD channels that show landscapes, music shows, and other diverse stuff that you won't see in other provider lineups. Voom's HD PQ is beautiful.

What moved me to sign up was the $0 upfront install deal and $10 receiver rental. Otherwise I would have waited until the HD DVR came out who knows when.

Also I'd say that Voom gets a high WAF. So there you go. For the record, I'm in Northern VA, about 15 miles from DC.

2. bryan27

bryan27 DBSTalk E* Spot Beam Guru

Apr 1, 2002
    Great to hear a good experience. I like VOOM and I was excited the first two days too, but on down the road there will be something that goes wrong.

Tell us what you think weeks from now :) I'm still impressed with the service, but when I have been waiting 2 weeks for VOOM to change my local channel map to the city I actually receive I (and anyone else for that matter) would get a little negative.