1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something new with Dishnetwork.

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by CarolinaGuy79, Apr 26, 2010.

1. CarolinaGuy79

CarolinaGuy79 Legend

Sep 9, 2009
    I called Dish Network about 1pm local time which was 45 minutes ago cause I needed a tech to come out and the lady made the appointment today up untill 5pm, I said I thought Dish didnt schedule on the same day and i was told its something new they do now, so I thought was pretty cool!

2. Scottwerks

Scottwerks New Member

Apr 25, 2010
    yep, but don't be surprised if he doesn't get there by 5. I would call back, tell them you have an appointment today, and ask to speak to dispatch to get the real scoop. If you are in a remote area they may have trouble getting someone out to you, but right now they would rather start at 7pm if you're ok with it than reschedule you.

3. CarolinaGuy79

CarolinaGuy79 Legend

Sep 9, 2009
    Well I called Disnetwork back and he confirmed it stating they would mostlyly be here around 4:30 or 5 so we shall see.

4. brucegrr

brucegrr Icon

Sep 14, 2006
    Ney, Ohio
    I am a former, long time Directv, new Dish customer. I called last Sunday morning to setup service and installation. They came out at 4:30 P.M. the same day to do the install. I was shocked it was so soon. (and a good install btw)

Bruce

5. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    This is the slowest time of the year for satellite installers, so lots of techs aren't getting full routes in the morning. That means that the schedule is left open through the late morning or even early afternoon to try to get more work in. It's a double-edged sword, though. More work is good, but it's a huge hassle to have to run around and pick up new work orders and/or equipment, or drive across your territory to pick up a final job.

Anyway, as things start to pick up more, as it tends to do around June, same-day service will be less and less available, and it will be unheard of during the peak period (Sept-Feb).

6. JonBlack

JonBlack Legend

Feb 24, 2005
    Interesting, as I didn't know there was an off-season for satellite installs. I online chatted with Dish on a late Saturday afternoon and they came out early Sunday AM. I thought that was real quick turnaround but obviously it's not the quickest that can happen. :)

7. Dishcomm

Dishcomm AllStar

Jan 30, 2009
    Dish has instituted a same day service policy if a customer calls in by 2pm in the customer's local time zone.
    However, this is due to the dramatic drop off in the amount fo work. Usually by mid May to early June, work picks up. MOre jobs means filled calendars and the same day thing will go out the window. So I would not expect it to last.
    One thing. I have been doing this for several years now( a tech) and I have never, ever seen work volumes this light.

8. BillJ

BillJ Icon

May 5, 2005
    This will work until the next generation of receivers is introduced and service people are tied up doing upgrades for months.