1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonic Tap channel not purchased?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Dcm210, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Apr 6, 2010 #1 of 13
    Dcm210

Dcm210 Godfather

Jan 17, 2009
    I tuned to 815-Holidays and Happenings and it said channel not purchased. I get all the others,what gives?

2. Apr 6, 2010 #2 of 13
    ptuck874

ptuck874 Legend

Aug 12, 2007
    I think you need ultimate or higher to get that station, I know it sucks right? I would like to have it as well :)

3. Apr 6, 2010 #3 of 13
    Dcm210

Dcm210 Godfather

Jan 17, 2009
    but to leave one channel out of 70+ you'd think it would be the other way around.

4. Apr 6, 2010 #4 of 13
    Avder

Avder Hall Of Fame

Feb 6, 2010
    Where do they list the channels that each tier gets?

5. Apr 6, 2010 #5 of 13
    Dcm210

Dcm210 Godfather

Jan 17, 2009
    when you compare packages on DTV's website.

6. Apr 6, 2010 #6 of 13
    Bstacey

Bstacey Cool Member

Mar 31, 2010
    It is actually 3 they leave out from xtra to ultimate. I think they are holidays, tranquility, and Italian Bistro.

7. Apr 7, 2010 #7 of 13
    Tom Servo

Tom Servo Icon

Mar 7, 2007
    Others not included: Italian Contemporary, Piano, Regional Mexican and Carnaval Brasileiro. I know these are mostly for business ambiance, but I'd still like the Brazilian and Regional Mexican ones, too.

8. Apr 7, 2010 #8 of 13
    billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    There are something like 26 Sonic channels that I don't get with my old Total Choice package, no longer offered. I called DirecTV three times to find out which channels I should be getting with this package. The first CSR thought these were still XM/Sirius channels -- in other words he didn't have a clue. The next two CSR's knew about Sonic Tap but couldn't point to anything on the DirecTV web site or send me a list of which channels I should be getting. The channels I don't get aren't grayed out in the channel guide, but I get a "channel not purchased" message if I select, say, 820. This effect, of course, is a continuing problem with CIG.

Considering how little bandwidth the music channels take up I'd think DirecTV could easily offer all of them to all subscribers. Apparently not.

9. Apr 7, 2010 #9 of 13
    bidger

bidger Hall Of Fame

Nov 19, 2005
    Everyone knows your hover skirt was perfectly tailored for the Samba, Tommygun.

10. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    It should prove interesting this coming Christmas when most of the DirecTV customers do not get "Holidays and Happenings" which is the ONLY DMX channel that plays Christmas (and other holiday) music. Of course, the other channels sprinkle in holiday music (just like XM did) but H & H is the only DEDICATED channel like the old XM "holly" channel. DMX (Sonic Tap) does not pre-empt regular programming on certain channels to air holiday music or single-artist limited engagements.

I also think it's stupid not giving Choice Extra customers all the music channels. Who do you know that would upgrade to Ultimate just to get a music channel???

11. REDSKINSFAN47

REDSKINSFAN47 Legend

Sep 2, 2007
    Woodbine,MD
    i think you get those with premeir package

12. marker101

marker101 Legend

Nov 6, 2007
    Yep, Holidays and Happenings is Ultimate and above. I went to Ultimate partially to get this channel. Even so, there's still three or four music channels I still don't get. They're reserved for Premier package. Absolutely stupid.

In another thread Satracer replied to a question I had about Holidays and Happenings and Christmas music...he mentioned that Holidays and Happenings would be available to all subscribers during the Christmas holiday. So, if you're waiting for that, you should get it regardless. It is a great channel though the rest of the year, already enjoyed Mardi Gras, St. Patrick's Day, and even Easter!

13. scoop8

scoop8 Godfather

Jul 18, 2009
    Dallas TX
    Being a Jazz music listener, I've been pleased with the switch from XM to SonicTap but if, as it appears to read in these posts, we'll only get 1 Christmas music channel with SonicTap in Dec, I'll miss XM for sure. Didn't we get 3 holiday music channels starting in past Decembers with XM? "Traditional" (popular artists), "Classic", and "Holly". That's what I remember from this past Dec.