1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonic Tap Issues Tonight

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by MikeW, May 16, 2010.

1. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    Listening to "Hit Country", the titles are not changing. Occasionally, the audio is switching over to "Modern Country" for a song or two, then back to a song already in progress. I switched over to Modern Country and it is showing a title by "Jack Ingram" who, I believe has music from the 40's or 50's.

2. IndyMichael

IndyMichael Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2003
    Indiana
    816 did that too last night. Every song was by Muse, apparently a very talented and diverse band ;)

3. noahproblem

noahproblem Legend

Aug 19, 2009

Not to mention every song, while different, had the same title...:)

4. fx72

fx72 Cool Member

Dec 31, 2003
    Last night I had a similar issue with Flashback/New Wave. The songs were not what the info said, and the songs playing were not for that channel. I noticed a couple of other stations having the same problem. Some songs would be correct then they would be wrong. I hope that this is not the start of a bigger problem.

5. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Not only that, a bunch of channels went back to mono from stereo!

A few examples are 90's hits, Classic Hits Blend, Y2K Hits, etc.

Very irksome. I'm sure the problem is with DirecTV and not Sonic Tap/DMX. Maybe it's part of DirecTV's plan of screwing with the audio levels on all the non-HD channels. I've complained twice about the low audio and the last time a CSR told me it would be fixed by July 2nd and since I've complained I will be entitled to compensation! Maybe it will be a "we're sorry for the inconvenience" email in which case it will be a "I'm sorry I'm switching to DISH when my commitment ends in less than 6 months".... ;)

6. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    Nope current country artist....he had a top 10 song last year:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Ingram#Singles

7. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Someone must actually read these posts at DirecTV! ;)

Today, Y2K hits and 90's hits are back in stereo...but Classic Hits Blend is still in awful mono! And it's a good channel too. (sigh)

BUT I've noticed that the song title/artist/album info seems to be updating correctly just like it did in the "old" days when DirecTV had few to no technical problems like they seem to today. Maybe they should fix the current issues instead of devoting all their time to adding HD channels or keeping up with DISH network....

My recommendation: FIX THE LOW AUDIO ON THE SD CHANNELS!