1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonic Tap screen saver?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by BubblePuppy, Dec 26, 2011.

1. BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
    I was watching the Bravo channel, paused it. Instead of the usual Directv logo screen saver up popped a Sonic Tap logo. When did that change?

ForumRunner_20111226_094931.png

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Its a bug.

3. BubblePuppy

Nov 3, 2006
    Then it is a bug that just showed up this morning. It wasn't there last night.

4. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Were you listening to sonic tap yesterday? It only shows up after you actually tune to a sonic tap channel I think.

5. BubblePuppy

Nov 3, 2006
    Sonic Tap isn't in my custom guide. I never listen to it.
    It will be interesting to see if this is a way of using the screen saver as a way to advertise channels.

6. longrider

longrider Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Apr 21, 2007
    Elizabeth, CO
    It is a bug and I have experienced it but only after listening for a while. The last song playing when you tune away gets stuck in the screen saver until you reboot. Do a menu reset and your screensaver will be back to normal, I have no idea how you got that without listening to Sonic Tap

7. Xsabresx

Xsabresx Icon

Oct 8, 2007
    Even if all you did was inadvertently tune to it (by punching numbers thinking your fingers were on other numbers, for example) what ever song was on at the time will become your screensaver.

8. BubblePuppy

Nov 3, 2006
    I know I never tuned to ST, but Missy may have by pressing the numbers (the only way to tune to ST channels here).
    A screen saver is a screen saver.. I'll reboot before bed time.
    Thanks for the advice.
    I wonder if this is report worthy or just a brief shoulder shrug.