1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonictap

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Dude111, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

Aug 6, 2010
    I just read recently that SONICTAP (DMX) was bought out by a company from Canada i think and is now called "MOOD MEDIA" -- I wonder if this is why DTV was thinking about dropping them in January??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mood_Media

I wonder if quality will get worse.... (Commercials added to music streams,etc) Seeing as the company who bought them IS IN CANADA,i dont think that will happen but you cant ever be sure......

2. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    I noticed they are now the parent owner of Pandora for Business. They also bought Muzak and the CD music channels on the echo star 119 bird. We use "Hot FM" from Muzak service off a Dish Network receiver for work. It's outrageously priced, like a tad over $400 a year, so were looking at Pandora for Business which is only $24.95 a month. Hope this company doesn't do away with this service or pricing.

I personally prefer Music Choice which is a cable offering. The music on "hit list" is much more up to date.

3. Grafixguy

Grafixguy Godfather

Mar 15, 2008
    What makes you think they were thinking of dropping them? There were some silly unfounded rumors floating around that SiriusXM was coming back but they were just that...silly unfounded rumors.

4. Nighthawk68

Nighthawk68 Godfather

Oct 14, 2004
    Northern...
    silly unfounded rumors exactly, the source was wikipedia

5. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

Aug 6, 2010
    Lets hope they were!!!

So Do I... I think they are the best!!

6. ken100

ken100 AllStar

Feb 1, 2013
    bring back music choice and why not add 100 plus channels of it so you can pad your channel line up like dish

7. Xsabresx

Xsabresx Icon

Oct 8, 2007
    Unfounded?

From Sonic Tap's site:

Sonic Tap is a DMX project. DMX, the first music service to license and program original artist music, has been creating unforgettable brand experiences for commercial environments since 1971

http://www.sonictap.com/About.aspx

From DMX's site.

DMX, Inc., a Texas corporation, is owned by Mood Media Corporation and is now doing business under the Mood brand.

http://www.dmx.com/

On a side note Mood Media was just on Undercover Boss

8. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
  9. Nighthawk68

Nighthawk68 Godfather

Oct 14, 2004
    Northern...
    Sorry, I should have been more clear, the unfounded rumors I referred to was the exit of DMX and SiriusXM's return to Directv.

10. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

Aug 6, 2010
    Thats OK my friend,lets all be glad THEY DIDNT DO IT!!