1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Sons of Anarchy ****Spoiler Alert****

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by wahooq, Sep 26, 2012.

1. wahooq

wahooq DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Oct 19, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    RIP Opie...never saw that one coming

2. mrro82

mrro82 Legend

Sep 11, 2012
    Astoria, OR
    You and me both. Holy €£$% snacks. I got chills when I saw that.

3. Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411 Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    Just watched, very uncomfortable kill, wonder how they filmed that or if they used all CG.

Is this the last season or second to last?

4. narcolept

narcolept Godfather

Mar 1, 2007
    I believe with the recent extension there's 2 left after this one. I'm pretty sure it's scheduled for 6 right now, and the belief is that Sutter's story arc will cover 7 seasons and then end.

With the fact that it's competing with network shows in that slot numbers wise, I imagine they will continue through the planned exit.

5. Oct 5, 2012 #5 of 16
    Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    I believe there last contract added 2 more seasons, which would take them to the end of season 7. My guess is that will be the end. I think Sutter said he originally only planned for 5 seasons, but decided that 7 would work ok. The Shield was also 7 seasons long.

6. Oct 5, 2012 #6 of 16
    mrro82

mrro82 Legend

Sep 11, 2012
    Astoria, OR
    Pretty somber episode as it should be this week.

7. wahooq

Oct 19, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    Saw the Clay thing comin!

8. jkane

jkane Icon

Oct 12, 2007
    Yep! Everytime Clay would act all weak and agreeable, my wife would look at me and say "what's he up to?" :nono:

9. jkane

jkane Icon

Oct 12, 2007
    However ... what about the metal leg on a guy at the first break in at the former police chief's house? I don't think any of the 3 new guys at the table have a prosthetic. Or, did I see that scene wrong and read too much into it?

10. Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411 Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    I saw a prosthetic as well, figured it was a call back to a character in past seasons but I don't know who.

11. Holydoc

Holydoc Legend

Feb 17, 2008
    Panhandle, FL
    One of the nomads put his prostetic leg on one of the Sons shoulders in the first episode this season while they were sitting around the judgement table.

12. wahooq

Oct 19, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    Wow...what a season

13. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
  14. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Just finished watching this season's series. Yeah, Opie was a good character, sad to see him leave.

I watched season 4 before watching this year's series. First I watched four episodes on a DVD that my son bought. Then I watched the next four episodes on NetFlix streaming and couldn't tell the difference. Did the same thing with the rest of the episodes. Really couldn't see any difference in PQ at all.

Then I started watching the new shows and thought my TV had something wrong with it, PQ was not nearly as good. Somehow or other I had all 10 of my MRV HRs record the series and switched to another HR. Same PQ. New TV. Got upset and went upstairs and tried it on my new 60" Panny. Same thing.

Now, I'm really puzzled. Then I look at the channel logo and see "FX". Whip out my TV remote and hit the INFO button and it's in 720p. Never expected that. I know Fox broadcasts in 720p, but I didn't think FX would. Very noticeable difference. At least nothing was broken.

Before anyone goes berserk, I am not comparing 1080i to 720p. I'm comparing 1080p to 720p. I get all my content from NF in 1080p/60. Or 1080p/24 for BDs.

Rich

15. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I thought he'd be the one to die. Poor Opie.

Rich

16. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    So much happened in so little time, it seemed. Jimmy Smits was great in this show, didn't care much for the character he played in Dexter. Bring him back, I say.

I'm gonna watch it again as soon as NF puts into its streaming content.

Rich