1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Sony BDP-S5100 - setup with HR24 remote?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by AndyInNYC, Sep 10, 2013.

1. AndyInNYC

AndyInNYC Cool Member

Nov 2, 2009
    I just bought a Sony BDP-S5100 blu ray player. I'd like to configure it on my HR24 remote as AV2. When I go in to the programming screen (on screen from the DVR) I don't find this model or one close to it.

Does anyone have this model or a model like it so that I can come close/be right given the vast array of Sony DVD players available to pick from on the setup screen?

Thanks all.

Andrew

2. otaliema

otaliema AllStar

Aug 9, 2012
    Mid-west USA
    You can check http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/functionalPageIF.jsp?assetId=cms_remote_codes for your code other wise use code scan the same page will tell you the code I think it's 2 for Blu ray and dvd players (991, 2) than channel up as fast as you reasonably go and not miss the blu ray turning off then select to lock the code in.
    Side note I personally recommenced keeping the bluray remote for use as the D* remote will only have basic functions in all likely hood.

3. AndyInNYC

AndyInNYC Cool Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Basic is generally OK - start, pause, stop, eject. We typically just watch the movie, pause to get the popcorn, adjust the volume, etc. The original will sit in a basket inside the coffee table by the couch - it will be there if we need it (by which time the batteries will be dead).

The box will arrive today and I will use the code. The DTV website suggests 21516 - we'll see.

Thanks again.

Andrew

4. otaliema

otaliema AllStar

Aug 9, 2012
    Mid-west USA
    No worries enjoy that new Blu-ray player they are nice.
    I don't have that model but the picture is insane

5. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Southern Ca
    Only the rc65 remotes have code 21516.

6. Dec 5, 2013 #6 of 10
    compac

compac Legend

Oct 6, 2006
    Bump Anyone figure the code out for the newer models
    bdps2100, bdps3100, bdps5100???

7. Dec 5, 2013 #7 of 10
    CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Are they using a new code, or should just about any Sony DVD code work for basic functions?

8. Dec 6, 2013 #8 of 10
    Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I have that model, don't use it. Terrible remote and it's not in the same league as the Sammy BD players, I think.

Rich

9. Dec 6, 2013 #9 of 10
    Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Really have to love that tiny remote, don't you? Can't blame you for wanting to switch to a different remote. Hope it works out for you. I've never seen the need for using a D* remote on a BD player, but on the 5100, I can see why you want to.

Rich

10. mdavej

mdavej Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    Sony BD code is different. DVD codes won't work at all. 21516 is the only code that works and only exists in newer remotes.

All Sony BD players past and present use this code and only this code.