1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Sony Blu-ray remote code

Discussion in 'Blu-Ray Hardware' started by gregftlaud, Dec 11, 2008.

1. gregftlaud

gregftlaud Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2005
  2. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Southern Ca
    Sorry but there isn't one.

3. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...

as mentioned the current directv remote lineup does NOT incorporate blu-ray codes----that's why there is no blu-ray section in the manual or listed onscreen remote setup interface.

they would have to incoporate that in the remotes built in IR library at the time of manufacturing; so later additions of IR codes to your current remote are NOT possible.

If your looking for a remote that will work all your equipment including all functionality from eeach remote; may I suggest you look into the logitech harmony remote lineup; all of them will do what you are wanting to accomplish-----and alot more to boot.....

4. johnp37

johnp37 Icon

Sep 14, 2006
    Central NJ
    Any of the Harmony remotes will solve your problem. Any new component you add or change in your setup is taken care of via a USB connection to your computer. Run the software that comes with your Harmony remote and your'e good to go. As the Geico commercial goes"So easy a caveman can do it".

5. smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    I use my Harmony remote for everything in my house. One remote controls my world. BTW, Santa is giving me a BDP-S550 and I know I will have no issue after I plug my Harmony remote into my computer and reprogram it. Easy as pie!

6. MountainMan10

MountainMan10 Icon

Jan 30, 2008
    This is a bummer. I bought one of these also. I was hoping that Sony would have made it the same as a standard DVD player. I have to wait for Christmas to hook it up :crying:

7. mobandit

mobandit Hall Of Fame

Sep 4, 2007
    Got my S550 early and already got it connected to the system! And found out last night that the D* remote won't control it...:nono2:

On the other hand, the NFL remote I bought to replace the "flooded" remote I destroyed is SWEET!

8. mirwin101

mirwin101 AllStar

Oct 9, 2006
    Santa is bringing me an S550 as well. Does anyone know if the universal remote that comes with the S550 is any good? One of our dogs chewed on my Harmony 550 and some of the buttons are not working too well.

9. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    The remote that comes with the S350 is passable as a Blu-Ray remote but I don't think it's a universal.

10. mdavej

mdavej Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    THIS upgrade for JP1 universal remotes works fine too. Since the OEM for DirecTV remotes also makes JP1 remotes, they could easily add the code to upcoming models if they wanted to.

EDIT: To clarify, above upgrade works only with JP1 remotes, not DirecTV remotes.

11. Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain New Member

Dec 7, 2006
    Time for a Haromony....or something similar!

I have this Blu-Ray as well.

12. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    If they had, there would be massive complaints from folks who have both a Blu-Ray and a DVD player in the same room. And that's a lot of people, actually.

People had the same complaints when DVD players came out; universal remotes that had CD player codes didn't support the DVD players, because the DVD players used different codesets.

13. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Southern Ca
    No, the white directv remotes are not jp1-able. The previous blue remotes were though. The blue remote are only a 3 device and there isn't a preset code for the current line of directv receivers.

14. mdavej

mdavej Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    Didn't mean to imply that they were. Thanks for the clarification (corrected my original post). Just wanted any potential JP1ers who saw this thread to know an upgrade is available for their JP1 remote (not DirecTV remote), and that harmony is not the only option.

15. catherine729

catherine729 New Member

Nov 27, 2009
    You have to set the Blu ray remote in front of the AV3000 and use the infra-red learning. I found the instructions here on the remotecentral website. (This won't let me post an url yet).

I pressed Commander Off and DVD at the same time to start the learning. Then I individually programmed each blueray button that I use. It sounds tedious, but it only took a few minutes.

I realize that I am late in posting this, but when I googled "av300 remote codes blue ray", this was the first site that came up.

I have the Sony S550 Blu-ray. This method should work with any electronic device that has a remote. I also used this method to program my Lutron Maestro light dimmer.