1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony ES AV Receivers Starting to Connect

Discussion in 'IPTV Hardware' started by inkahauts1367066121, Mar 6, 2011.

1. inkahauts1367066121

inkahauts1367066121 New Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Sony is releasing a new ES receiver, the STR-DA3600ES. This new AV receiver is embracing internet connectivity by including an Ethernet port not just for firmware updates. This new receiver is DLNA compliant, and and allows you to access Rhapsody and SHOUT right now. They also realize that people are hooking up more and more devices to their TV"s that need Ethernet ports, and so they have included a Ethernet switch built into the receiver. This will make it much easier for people to connect their Blu-Ray players and TV's and HD DVR's to their network without worrying about buying a switch.

Sony is also jumping into the APP game with this device, offering a iphone/itouch app that allows you to use your iphone/itouch as its remote. How long before we see an iPAD is my only question...

You have to wonder if we will see at some point video streaming in a firmware update, allowing Hulu and maybe even netflix coming to this AV receiver, and others as time continues...

You can see the full review of this receiver at Home Theater Review

http://hometheaterreview.com/sony-str-da3600es-av-receiver-reviewed/

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    For me Sony ES receivers are the only way to go. I've owned three and currently use one in my Home Theater room. It has a wide array of sound fields and produces studio quality sound. The STR-DA3600ES will most likely be my choice for the entertainment room I will be building this spring.

3. inkahauts1367066121

inkahauts1367066121 New Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Have you ever looked at Denon units?

4. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA

Yes, I have. I've also looked at Onkyo receivers. Both produce high quality products but I'm still partial to the Sony ES line.