1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Sony HD-200 Reciever plus directv slimline dish

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by duckland23, Sep 17, 2013.

1. duckland23

duckland23 New Member

Aug 20, 2013
    wisconsin
    Hi

Im wanting to upgrade to directv hd , but my question is will the sony hd-200 receiver work with the slimline dish . I only have two LMB'S on it .also the dish is pointing up and down not like some of the dishes I see on youtube . Im wanting to buy this receiver for because its got a built in over the air hdtv tuner in it so I can watch stations from Chicago . Directv don't offer these channels for local programming just the channels from Milwaukee ,WI . So I wanted to know that I need to do first .

2. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    It will work, but you won't get Directv hd channels with it. It uses the older mpeg2 technology, Directv hd is now mpeg4. You can use it as a stand alone ota tuner and it will get the ota channels in hd.

3. texasbrit

texasbrit DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 9, 2006
    And it won't work with the SWM slimline, which is what the installer will want to use.

4. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    duckland, just get any current HR2x model and order an AM21 from your on-line acct. It will allow you to integrate all the OTA channels into any of the current HD models Directv supports