1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony offers free films and more on Crackle.com

Discussion in 'IPTV and Internet Video Delivery' started by Steve615, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
    A note to the mods:
    This thread pertains to both movies and TV series talk.
    I couldn't decide which of those forums to post this in,so I chose to place it in The OT.
    Please feel free to move it elsewhere. :)

From Variety:
    Sony is making more of its films and TV shows available to view for free on Crackle.com.
    The company's online movie and TV video website recently added Spider-Man 2 and other titles as it looks to lure viewers and advertisers.

Other movie titles available for free viewing include:
    Stripes
    Groundhog Day
    A Few Good Men
    The Fan
    LaBamba
    Several installments of the Godzilla franchise

TV series include:
    The Three Stooges
    Rescue Me
    Charlie's Angels
    Angel Of Death

The site is ad-supported,so if you don't mind sitting through some ads from time to time,it's not too bad. :)
    More info at the following links from Variety and the Crackle site.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118002988.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

http://crackle.com/

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Hmm...

How about in the IPTV and Internet Delivery forum? We have Netflix in there... so this seems like it might be a natural fit there?

3. bidger

bidger Hall Of Fame

Nov 19, 2005
    So it CBS/Viacom's version of Hulu? No, not quite because I can't find such currently airing CBS shows as Two and a Half Men, Ghost Whisperer, and the CSI franchises don't show up in searches I do at Crackle. Not wise IMO since that's a major reason I use Hulu.

4. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    I don't see why they put the Three Stooges under "TV" since those are theatrical shorts.

Thanks for the link, I'll probaby watch a couple at work this morning!

5. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
    You're welcome,and the Three Stooges is what originally caught my eye in regards to the site. :)

6. bidger

bidger Hall Of Fame

Nov 19, 2005
    True, but my introduction to them was via TV, courtesy of the good "Officer Joe" on WPIX.

7. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    I'm sure I first saw them on TV too, but when I was real young, I did see one of them in a theatre before some kid's movie. It was probably already 20 years old at that time.

8. ilgiampa

ilgiampa Cool Member

May 8, 2009
    Hi, I'm sorry, maybe I'm wrong, but I can't see anything, is it blocked to italian viewers?

:(
    GP