1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Pictures is apparently moving forward with "Venom"

Discussion in 'The Movies' started by Steve615, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
    For those who are Spider-Man fans,it is being reported that Sony and Marvel are developing a potential spinoff with "Venom",one of the villains from "Spider-Man 3".No official word from Sony or Marvel on this story,yet.It is also being reported that Sony is developing a fourth "Spider-Man" film for a 2011 release.More info at the following link.

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/va/20080731/121749749100.html

2. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
  3. bobukcat

bobukcat Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2005
    How in the world can you have a Venom movie without Spider-man in it??? This sounds like a bad idea to me, but maybe they'll prove me wrong. :nono2:

4. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    They had Venom comics without Spider-Man in them...

Personally, I never got it. They even tried (in the comics) to turn Venom into some kind of vigilante hero for a bit... It'd be like if Manson was let out of prison and allowed to patrol the streets doling out vigilante justice. Insane!

I just don't see the point of doing this movie.

5. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
    From Variety:

Currently rewriting a Spider-Man 4 script for Columbia Pictures,Gary Ross is taking over the Venom project.

Ross will rewrite to direct the film.

Marvel Entertainment,Avi Arad and Ross will produce.

Topher Grace,who just signed on to star in Predators at Fox,is not considered a shoo-in to reprise the role,as the spinoff will start from the drawing board.

http://weblogs.variety.com/bfdealmemo/2009/10/more-details-on-the-ross-venom-film-.html