1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

SonyUSB Music Shuffle?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Audio' started by billym, Jun 25, 2013.

1. billym

billym New Member

Jan 3, 2008
    I have a Sony STRDH720. It plays USB Music in sequnce. Is there any way to play music on the USB in random/shuffle sequence?

2. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    Page 44 of your owners manual. This should be for an ipod/iphone or usb connected device:

To select the playback mode

You can change the playback mode using the TOOLS/OPTIONS on the remote control. • Repeat: Off / One / All • Shuffle: Off / Songs / Albums • Audiobooks: Slower / Normal / Faster

3. billym

billym New Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Thank you for your reply. I did read this in the manual, but it does not work for me. TOOLS/OPTIONS only give one option:: REPEAT: with choices for Off. One, All or Folder. There is no option for Shuffle. The USB thumb drive I am using has a number of individual albums of MP3 music in separate folders, as well as some individual MP3 songs.

4. WestDC

WestDC DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    I suggest you try this on another Usb stick - Do not put songs in a folder -Cherry pick the songs one at a time and if the usb stick put then in one folder

You may be able to play them the way you wish.

5. billym

billym New Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Thanks WestDC. I tried that with no different result.. I put about 50 songs individually on the USB stick, and it still would only play them in the sequence loaded on the stick. The only TOOLs/OPTIONS choice is still just REPEAT. No option for shuffle.