1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sopranos Series Finale May 23rd?

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by jdmart, Apr 22, 2004.

1. jdmart

jdmart AllStar

Jan 9, 2004
    Are we coming up on the final episode of the Sopranos? I assume it's May 23rd. (The HBO Guide runs thru epsiode #64 on Sunday, May 23rd with no episode on Sunday May 30th.)

2. Link

Link Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2004

This is the final season of the show ever? With that and Sex and the City gone HBO won't have hardly any good series anymore.

3. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Is this the last season or is next season the last one? I thought it was next season, but maybe I'm thinking of another series.

There's always Deadwood and Six Feet Under. I haven't watched Deadwood yet, but I have recorded and watched the repeats of last seasons Six Feet Under. It's an odd ball dark comedy, I don't completly understand it, but I like it and will keep the Season Pass for this upcoming season.

FWIW, according to TVTome, there is an episode on May 30th and it's called, All Due Respect.

4. Sandman

Sandman Godfather

Sep 23, 2002
    There is going to be one more season of the Soprano's, this was announced when the contract disbute with Grandolfino was settled.

Bob

5. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    I think the original question was how long does THIS season last. Not is this the last season. I understand it to be a 13 week season. If that is true that would say that there is one more episide beyond what you laid out since Last week was Ep. 7. But maybe they are skipping Memorial Day weekend.

6. Pete K.

Pete K. Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    The answer is: They skip Memorial Day weekend. The season finale is June 6.
    Geronimo is correct, it is a 13 week season.

7. jdmart

jdmart AllStar

Jan 9, 2004
    Disclaimer: Just found this old undated release on the web; not sure of its original source or if it's been updated:

"David Chase, the creator of "The Sopranos," long insisted that the mob series' fifth season would be its last. In recent months, though, the producer has been reconsidering and on Tuesday, HBO announced that the show's will continue for one more season.

HBO's new deal with Chase calls for a sixth season of only 10 episodes (down from the usual 13)..... production on the sixth season won't start until early 2005."

So it could be Summer/Fall 2005 before we see a shorter Season 6.

8. Link

Link Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2004
    According to the list on zap2it.com, the finale is on Sunday, May 30th.

9. Pete K.

Pete K. Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    Zap2it is wrong. The series skips that weekend. HBO's own website shows
    the movie "Something The Lord Made," at 9 p. EDT on May 30.

10. TerryC

TerryC Icon

Jul 18, 2002
    tvtome has been updated to reflect the change to a June 6th season finale.

11. MikeSoltis

MikeSoltis Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 1, 2003
    Would moving the season finale to June 6 also tie in to the season premiere of 6FU? Isn't that on the 6th also?

12. Pete K.

Pete K. Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    No, season 4 of 6FU is June 13 at 9 EDT.

13. skaeight

skaeight Icon

Jan 15, 2004
    I haven't had HBO in 2 years, so I haven't seen past the 3rd season. Is this season any good? The first season was AMAZING, the second was great, the third was good, and from what I've heard about the 4th season it was disturbing.

How is this season stacking up?

14. MikeSoltis

MikeSoltis Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 1, 2003
    Thanks, Pete, I wasn't sure and couldn't find it on HBO's site.

And opinions abound on the 4th and 5th season...personally I like this (5th) season better than the last (4th).
    We will have to see where it all winds up next season, supposedly to be the last. Still think that the first 2 were the best, with the 3rd and 5th not quite as good, but not as bad as the 4th. ymmv.

15. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    I've actually heard that it will be 2006 before the final season starts. Mike and The Mad Dog had one of the series stars on a few weeks ago and that's what was mentioned.

16. HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky Banned User

Jan 11, 2004
    I love "The Sopranos" as well as "Six Feet Under". "Deadwood" just doesn't grab me. I've watched 3 episodes and fell asleep during two of them. I'm looking forward to the upcoming "Six Feet Under" return. I'm also looking forward to the return of "Carnivale". I hope it hasn't been cancelled. I also miss "Oz", which was one of the best dramas around (having naked Chris Meloni didn't hurt, either! :D ).

17. sgtpreston

sgtpreston Guest

for the answer to the original question!

18. Steveox

Steveox Banned User

Apr 21, 2004
    The reason is memorial day weekend.The mafia shows disrespect for our vets.

19. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002

huh?

20. jdmart

jdmart AllStar

Jan 9, 2004
    We plan to cancel our HBO/Cinemax package Sunday night as soon as the Sopranos season finale ends. We haven't been too impressed with HBO/Cinamax. We plan to put the $17/mo. toward Netflix and Sirius. Of course we'll sign up for HBO on the first day of Sopranos' short season return in 2005. :)