1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorry if this has been asked - phone line..

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by LacyinTX, Feb 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LacyinTX

LacyinTX Mentor

Jan 4, 2006
    I did a search, but didn't find my answer.. so I am sorry if this has been asked a million times.

My installer says I don't HAVE to have a land line for the r15. Is this true? Even during setup? If I need to, I can get a long phone cord and hook it up across the room for the install, but I don't have a phone jack near the TV/R15. So I won't have it connected all the time. I won't be ordering PPV's on this unit at this time. When it surpasses my Tivo (after software upgrades/updates) I will move it to my "Big TV" in the living room, but for now it is just going to be in the bedroom recording my soap.

Thanks for any help.

Lacy

2. Clint Lamor

Clint Lamor Hall Of Fame

Nov 15, 2005
    The only thing you will need a phone line on it for is if you want to make PPV purchases right from the box, but if you can do that online you then have no need for a phone line. The box downloads all of it's data and updates of the sat feed. Not even needed for setup.

3. cabanaboy1977

cabanaboy1977 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    When you call up and talk to the CSR just lie when they ask if you have the phone line hooked up and say yes. It will make the call go faster. Alot of them will argue with you and try to say that you need it.

4. Clint Lamor

Clint Lamor Hall Of Fame

Nov 15, 2005
    Ya I probably should have mentioned that. I have been with D* so long now that it's just second nature for me now. lol

5. LacyinTX

LacyinTX Mentor

Jan 4, 2006
    OK. Thanks!!! I appreciate the help.

Lacy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.