1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound cutting out

Discussion in 'Sirius XM General Discussion' started by seern, Feb 29, 2012.

1. seern

seern Active Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Glen Allen, VA
    I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that the sound cuts out at random points for maybe a second. I hear this on both the home and car receivers. I am listening to XM76.

2. SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle Legend

May 7, 2006
    When I had satellite radio this was back when XM and Sirius were 2 different companies.

Anyway when I drove on a road lined with big trees the signal would become lost and the audio would drop at that point.

At home if I had the aerial in the wrong place the sound/signal did the same thing.

So the above might be why you are experiencing this.

I do not miss those days.

3. paja

paja Godfather

Oct 22, 2006
    I listen to XM mostly in my car and have not experienced that. I'm in the Chicago area.

4. vaderx

vaderx New Member

Dec 15, 2011
    My xm in my vehicle is doing the same thing for about 2 weeks now. I thought the antenna was going bad. I bought a new one but haven't installed it yet.

5. seern

seern Active Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Glen Allen, VA
    Since it is happening on both the home and car receivers, not antenna related.

6. killerko

killerko Cool Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Currently visiting son's condo in Tampa & noticed the same thing. Using an XM plug & play & thought that the signal was dropping. Not so. No satellite signal but terrestrial is pegged. No problems in car.

7. celt4

celt4 New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    I live in western IL and have this problem with both cars and home receivers with my Delphi SkyFi2. I have not had this problem previously, so do not think it is an equipment problem. Probably need to contact Sirius/XM for an explanation. :(