1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Sound delay issue

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by CATCRAW, Mar 13, 2013.

1. CATCRAW

CATCRAW Legend

Mar 27, 2008
    After my Genie/Whole Home upgrade, I have a delay in the sound starting which I did not have prior. This happens when first turning on the system and after pausing. I know the installer changed something in the connections from what I had previously, but I am not sure what. My question is: What is the best mode of connection for the following components to fix the audio delay?

Sony LCD TV, Sony BluRay, Onkyo Receiver, Genie w/AM21.

Thank you for the great assistance I always receive on this site - so much expertise!!!

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    HDMI cables going from your Genie and Blu-ray player into your A/V receiver. HDMI cable going from your A/V receiver into your TV.

3. CATCRAW

CATCRAW Legend

Mar 27, 2008
    Thank you - I'll change it and see if that works...

4. CATCRAW

CATCRAW Legend

Mar 27, 2008
    Thank you MysteryMan - it fixed my issue!!!!

5. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Good. :)