1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound Issues

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by nschleif, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nschleif

nschleif New Member

Jul 11, 2006
    I'm having issues which I cannot figure out. I have Direct TV HD receiver H20 and DVR R15 hooked up together however I've always had this issue. Sound for speaking is much much lower than all the background music sound effects. I need to watch tv with remote in hand otherwise I will blow my speakers or at the very least get yelled at by my girlfriend! I have a Hitatchi 51 in rear projection tv 1 year old and also have my audio hooked up to my 5.1 surround sound dts system. This problem is the same if I'm listing via stereo or tv speakers....any help would be appreciated......I'm hoping I just need to adjust some setting

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    This sounds like you've configured something for a center channel speaker that isn't there or isn't balanced with the rest of the system. Most of the dialog comes from the center channel so missing it would create a situation like yours.
    It is unlikely that both receivers are having the same malfunction. Exactly how is everything connected?

3. nschleif

nschleif New Member

Jul 11, 2006
    Thanks for quick reply. I do have a center speaker and I have the center speaker volume turned up to level 10. I dont think the problem has anything to do with the hook-up because it was all done when I purchased the TV by a Sears Certified installer. I just had bi-lateral hernia surgery and cannot pull out the TV right now to confirm the exact hookups. Once I can move I will check.....

Thanks!!!

4. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    The majority of the sound should be coming through your center channel. Is it?

Do you have similar problems with DVDs or other sources?

Are you set up to use the HDTV's tuner?

Does your TV have a center channel output (this would be shown in the manual).

I realize the questions seem somewhat random, but they lead in different directions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.