1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Southwest Florida HD locals

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by habudab, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. habudab

habudab Legend

Nov 6, 2006
    i understand that HD locals will be coming to the Fort myers/Naples florida area on May 23rd, 2007.. i am new at direct tv and would like to know what channels the Locals will be on, and also does my HR20 autimatically download the update, even if it is turned off.. i cant wait for the HD locals.. any help will be appreciated..

thanks..

2. D*HR-20

D*HR-20 Legend

Jan 7, 2007
    The channels will be on the same channel as the SD locals so, for example, I would have two 3s, 10s, 13s, and 43s when HD goes up in my area. The first one is the HD channel and the second one is the SD channel. You won't need to do anything except maybe add the new channels to your custom guide listings, assuming you have an H-20 or HR-20 and a 5-LNB dish.

3. habudab

habudab Legend

Nov 6, 2006
    thanks alot.

4. Newshawk

Newshawk Hall Of Fame

Sep 3, 2004
    Broken...
    To expand on D*HR-20, there is no need for a download to receive your locals in HD from the satellite (or the national HD channels coming this fall). That's what the H20 and HR20 are designed to do. You do need a Ka/Ku dish, which should have been installed with your receiver, and you need to have it selected as your dish in the menus. You can check it on the system info page. There is a dish typ section that tells you what dish the receiver is set for. Finally, even though the receiver is "turned off" there are still some circuits active that will allow the receiver to download software updates and guide information.

5. habudab

habudab Legend

Nov 6, 2006
    what time should i expect to see the local high defs on May 23rd....

can you tell i am excited!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.