1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

SPace available on EHD?

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by BillM, Apr 27, 2013.

1. BillM

BillM Mentor

Apr 27, 2005
    Is there anyway to find out how much space is available on external hard drive? This information was available on the 722K I used to have, but I haven't been able to find it on the Hopper.

Thanks.

2. 3HaloODST

3HaloODST Godfather

Aug 9, 2010
    Yep, in the External Hard Drive transfer menu, select FROM Hopper Set Top Box and TO whichever EHD you want to know the space remaining, at the top it will state the space remaining in GB.

3. BillM

BillM Mentor

Apr 27, 2005
    After some poking around, I determined that you can also get this information by pressing DVR, selecting the appropriate external device, and then navigating to the My Recordings (Red) tab; it will then display the percentage of the device used. Not particularly intuitive, but it works.

Bill