1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Space telescope Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by dpeters11, Jun 21, 2013.

1. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Every once in a while there is a cool Kickstarter, and this one fits the bill. An actual space telescope. They've already met the main goal of $1 million, and have 9 days left.

Now, this is not a Hubble size telescope, and the building of the hardware is being funded separately, this is for launch costs and other aspects, but has a very cool goal of being used by museums and schools.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1458134548/arkyd-a-space-telescope-for-everyone-0

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    After watching the video I have to agree. This is one cool idea.

3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I'm really hoping this at least hits the $1.5 million mark, several days left to the campaign.

4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Not sure they'll make it to the final stretch goals, but I just bumped mine up. Looks like I'll be looking to see if a school will be interested in a few minutes of main optic time. Looks like they lowered the stretch goals a bit, due to a $100,000 donation by Richard Branson, so we might hit one more.