1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spaceway Transponders

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by ScoBuck, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScoBuck

ScoBuck Banned User

Mar 5, 2006
    I check signal meters on my H20's every few days, just now noticed some changes on both the Spaceway 1 and Spaceway 2 transponders.

Previously there were only 16 active transponders showing on BOTH (Although I only received signals from a few of them - most showed signal meter at 0.

Tonight I am showing ALL 32 transponders active at 103 sat, and 29 transponders active at 99 sat.

Anyone with knowledge about this stuff care to explain what might be happening?

Or, if you would like to speculate.

I don't think it could be so many additional transponders due to turning on a few more markets - they have virtually doubled the amount of active transponders.

I'm curious!

2. pmayo2002

pmayo2002 AllStar

Mar 30, 2002
    Florida
    Well -- I have 8 active transponders now (with signals) and as you they have reduced the number of N/A's. My guess is that the active one are definately for the HD locals for Florida DMA's of Orlando, Miami and West Palm that will be activated today (plus Tampa already on)

3. ScoBuck

ScoBuck Banned User

Mar 5, 2006
    That don't need to turn on anywhere near 25 new transponders for the few new lils being added.

They might be using SOME for the new DMAs - but I was curious why the major turn-on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.